AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Less than a $100 plus free shipping, and check your email, because a lot of people received a $10 coupon from them yesterday for purchases over $75.

Also comes with some little side remote.

Linky

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom_E316
Also comes without a warranty. See here . Buy.com is not an authorized dealer (See list here ).
So? First off, it is a $100 product, not a $1000 product. Secondly, most people's credit cards add/extend warranties on purchases of new products. Third, and most importantly, BUY.com has an implied warrant of merchantability per the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975 that states quite clearly that if the product is not sold "as-is" (which is not even valid in about 10 states meaning in those states they still have this implied warranty even if sold as-is), the merchant must provide you a working product/refund if your product is defective.

Given that I just saved more than $70 off of BestBuy's price, I think it was an excellent find.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I mentioned the warranty because you can get the MX-500 for the same price (without free shipping) from a few authorized online dealers, one of whom is a regular contributor to this forum. The implied warranty you mention is applicable if the product arrives DOA. It does not apply 6 months or even 3 weeks from now. I just want people to know that there may be problems down the line.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom_E316
I mentioned the warranty because you can get the MX-500 for the same price (without free shipping) from a few authorized online dealers, one of whom is a regular contributor to this forum. The implied warranty you mention is applicable if the product arrives DOA. It does not apply 6 months or even 3 weeks from now. I just want people to know that there may be problems down the line.
Which begs the question: How often do the HTM remotes develop problems 3 weeks, 3 months, etc. down the line? Assuming you don't drop them in the bathtub, pour coffee on them. etc., isn't there a high likelihood that they will continue to operate if they are OK out of the box?

·
Registered
17,711 Posts
Muse, don't know. But I guess there are other similar questions (what is the possibility that you will be in a car accident, what is the possibility of accidental death.... we all still buy insurance). Some time ago there were a few threads/posts (4-5) from people that bought a Harmony remote (think it was the 659). There is always a chance that there will be a few bad ones in a batch (maybe someone on one of the assembly lines was just having a very bad day or something). so in that small interval (a couple of weeks) there were a few very PO people because they bought remotes from none authorized dealer

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Muse
Which begs the question: How often do the HTM remotes develop problems 3 weeks, 3 months, etc. down the line? Assuming you don't drop them in the bathtub, pour coffee on them. etc., isn't there a high likelihood that they will continue to operate if they are OK out of the box?
The switch on the MX-500 for turning on the backlight is likely to break. One of mine is broken and I've heard of several other people with the same problem.

Mark

·
Registered
348 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by WanMan
MX-600?
Yikes, that's crazy cheap. Had I not just bought one, I would have gone for this one, warranty be damned. On the other hand, they want you to wait a week or two for it to ship -- I want mine NOW NOW NOW!! :)

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
Around Thanksgiving SR had some open box MX-600 units for something like $175. I got really distracted and when I went to order it had gone back up to over $200 for the open box units. This gave me a moment of pause, which is what I am still doing.

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
WHAT!?! Doh, I think I may have looked at the wrong item. I may have been looking at the MX-700 by mistake! Ok, lemme go get one of those puppies.

Shsss, don't let the wife hear me open my wallet ...

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
I think I had previously attempted an order with SR a few months ago when I considered the MX-500 (before the 600 unit came out). I do not remember the account information, but someone else is already using wanman. WTH?

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
I got it ordered. I was the individual that previously setup 'wanman', Doh! I'm going to hide all of the other remotes once I get this thing programmed. Then, I'll simply tie a red bow around it and leave in the theater room as a gift, hehe.

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
One of the things I cherish working for the phone company is having the ability to make life extremely difficult for others. :) LOL

Of course, I'm joking. mostly

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
One day I was trying to get ahold of a friend. He wasn't answering the phone and had his face glued to his PC monitor playing Everquest. I simply imparted my will on his PVC and he called with a minute. :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.