AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have all of my Favorites used up with channels from my Dish receiver. I also have a Unity Motion HD Receiver and would like to be able to use the 2 device pages to place channel numbers but it seems I can only learn a single number into these buttons. Does anyone have any tricks for learning 2 digit numbers into the LCD buttons on the 2 pages for my HD Receiver? I may be able to remap the channels on the receiver to 1-9 which would give me 9 channels but not quite enough. The other alternative is stealing a Favorites page from my Dish Favorites.

Thanks,

Doyle

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
With a short IR signal, it is possible to learn two commands on to one of the MX-500 buttons. It takes some very fast pushing of the two puttons in sequence, a little luck and lots of patience. ;)

With the IRClone device, you can do this with almost any two commands, but it will overrun onto the next button in sequence, meaning that 10 LCD buttons would become 5 usable.

Before I started using the 700, I just split my MX-500 FAVs between HD and SD, concentrating on the ones that I really watch the most.

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
Just make a PRESS and HOLD macro that will punch the numbers from your satellite or device you want to change channels on its just the easiest way to make a "fake" favorites page.

Just attempt making a macro as you normally would and have it go to the device you want to change channels on and have it press the numbers you want. At the end of the macro you can make the remote end up back where it was when you pressed the button.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've been trying to get a FAV page configured with both HD channels and DirecTV channels using an RCA DTC-100 STB.

The problem is that the FAV macros seem to require a pause when switching inputs on the DTC-100 (going from say 199 on D* to 4-1 on the antenna).

Anyone figured out a way to get the pauses programmed into the FAV macros?

- Tom

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Teach the "-"or "pause" to either the enter, display, power, System off, or info/pause buttons then treat it as another digit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.