Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm new to this whole world so please forgive my ignorance...:eek:

I just received the MX-500 Universal remote and will be using it with the following:

RPTV Sony KP-51WS510

Set Top Box Samsung TS160

Tivo Sony DVR-3000

DVD/VHS Sony SLV-D300P

1.) Where do I find out if any of these components already have the codes I can enter into the MX-500? I assume I'll need to "learn" many of the cammands, but it would be great if I didn't have to for every one.

2.) The Samsung TS160 remote is the most sensitive remote I've ever used. The remote needs to be close to the box and pointing right at it to work. Is it the remote or the box itself? I'm hoping the MX-500 will fix this issue, but not sure if it will if it's the set top box itself.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ffrllc
1.) Where do I find out if any of these components already have the codes I can enter into the MX-500? I assume I'll need to "learn" many of the cammands, but it would be great if I didn't have to for every one.
Actually, I recommend assigning each device the AUX 155 code, and learning all codes from your factory remotes. It's maybe 30-60 minutes of work, and then you don't have to worry about:

1) The codes being wrong

2) The placement of buttons being not perfect
Quote:
2.) The Samsung TS160 remote is the most sensitive remote I've ever used. The remote needs to be close to the box and pointing right at it to work. Is it the remote or the box itself? I'm hoping the MX-500 will fix this issue, but not sure if it will if it's the set top box itself.
The MX-500's IR emitters are very strong. It should work much better than the factory remote in terms of IR strength and distance.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I can tell you there aren't any codes for the SLV-300P, nor the second remote address on the SVR-3000, in the mx-500.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.