AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have mx-500 remote control on UTV. I have problem program the mx-500 on rca remote control. I can't make the mx-500 learn the special features like pause live tv, play, rewind, forwarding or jump and changing channels. Can anybody help me. Thanks

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have a MX 500 and had no trouble making it learn all the functions.

Are you sure you are doing it right?

It's been 1.5 years since I programmed it so I would have to go read the manual to tell you how to do it, but then you could read what I would be reading...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i followed the manual. I think, since i start programing the macro (it's great) i have this problem or punch through. I am not sure. Is there away you can help me? Thanks

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
If taught the commands and they still don't seem to work, then sounds like a punch-through problem.

try this;

1. main & ent

2. punch

3. play

4. UTV

5. UTV

6. main

7. main

·
Registered
956 Posts
I've also got an MX500 that I programmed with no trouble to operate an RCA DWD490 (also one of the Sony models). I haven't tried setting up any macros, just learned the buttons and setup the volume punch through.

The only problem I have is that the sucker eats through batteries pretty quickly! In fact I went back to using the RCA remote for the UTV; all those skip*6 sequences take their toll. :p

·
Registered
956 Posts
(duplicate)

·
Registered
311 Posts
pheroy

I EASILY get close to a year on my batteries...

I don't use the light often but I do use it.

I use a four string macro daily for ON/OFF use daily

and I constantly use "FAV", which is blasting out three separate numbers.

So I consider mine to be used quite a bit... Are you sure you don't have a stuck button on yours that is constantly sending to "eats through batteries pretty quickly!" ?

·
Registered
311 Posts
equate, LongRufus is right ,ask over there... those guys can answer anything about the MX 500

·
Registered
171 Posts
After two months of using my new MX-500 I have replaced the batteries. Very solid remote. However I haven't gotten the benefit out of it I expected to get. Since my receiver and projector don't have discrete on/off and the TV doesn't have discrete inputs, the macros don't help much. I had hoped to have it super easy for the wife and kids to turn on all the equipment and get the right inputs, but it just doesn't work out that way.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I love my MX-500. I've been running on the original batteries for about 4 months.

Schorne, can you "trick" your devices into descrete on? My receiver and TV don't have discrete on, but they will come on automatically when I do certain things (like select a component for the receiver, or hit the DirectTV button for the RCA TV). So I use one of those to force the devices on (if they are off) and also switch to a "known" state. Then my "startup" macro proceeds from that point to complete the setup steps.

-TJ

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by pheroy
I've also got an MX500 that I programmed with no trouble to operate an RCA DWD490 (also one of the Sony models). I haven't tried setting up any macros, just learned the buttons and setup the volume punch through.

The only problem I have is that the sucker eats through batteries pretty quickly! In fact I went back to using the RCA remote for the UTV; all those skip*6 sequences take their toll. :p

Can you sent me the steps how you program your utv and reciever? thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Originally posted by Edmund
If taught the commands and they still don't seem to work, then sounds like a punch-through problem.

try this;

1. main & ent

2. punch

3. play

4. UTV

5. UTV

6. main

7. main
[/QUOTEEdmund,

What is this do?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by klassic
pheroy

I EASILY get close to a year on my batteries...

I don't use the light often but I do use it.

I use a four string macro daily for ON/OFF use daily

and I constantly use "FAV", which is blasting out three separate numbers.

So I consider mine to be used quite a bit... Are you sure you don't have a stuck button on yours that is constantly sending to "eats through batteries pretty quickly!" ?
Well, you're my new hero klassic :p I'm impressed at getting a year out of batteries in an MX500. I don't use the light much either -- that's part of the point of getting a hard button remote, I don't need to see it for the most part. Anyway, mine has been fairly consistent about battery consumption over its life, which goes back to the initial release, just over 2 years ago.

I'm pretty sure there's no stuck button; if it were continuously transmitting I think it would wear out MUCH faster. But maybe it's possible that later versions have been made more efficient in battery usage? How old is yours -- I assume you've had it at least a year? A quick search in the Remote Central forum turned up reports of most people getting a few months, which is what I'm getting.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by equate
Can you sent me the steps how you program your utv and reciever? thanks
I just "learned" the functions from the UTV remote to the MX500. The review at Remote Central explains how to get into Setup and then Learn mode, but briefly:
  • Press MAIN and ENTER together.
  • Choose LEARN on the LCD screen.
  • Select the device for which you want to learn buttons.
  • Place the two remotes "head to head", i.e. IR transmitters facing each other.
  • Press a button on the MX500, then the corresponding button on the UTV remote. Note that it can help for some buttons, especially buttons that send continual codes like volume or channel up/down, to hold down the UTV button for several seconds.
  • When done, press MAIN to exit Learn and again to exit Setup.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have two MX-500s and the MX-700, and haven't had any issues getting them to control either Sony or RCA UTVs.

Did you learn the "empty" device onto the device you want to program the UTV into? I believe the code is 155, but you can check at remotecentral.com

Basically it wipes the device clean and from that point you learn everything that you want to do for that particular device. Worked like a charm for me.

With regard to battery life, I use the light occasionally and get about 6-8 months with a set of batteries.

Chasmm

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.