AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I use an IR dimmer that I bought from Home Depot. I don't know if it is the commercial electric brand. It uses one button that cycles through raising and lowering the lights when you press and hold. A quick press and release turns the lights on and off. I used the learn function of the MX700 and programmed a single button for the dimmer by pressing and holding the dimmer remote until the MX700 application displayed GOOD. I can press and hold for dimming/raising the lights or single press to turn on/off.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the same one. I couldn't get it to work on the lcd button so I used a hard button. My remote set-up has the main page for macro execution from the LCD buttons only so the hard buttons do not have a set function. I used the channel + button for the lights. Any hard button will work.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's one thing I did not try, program it on a hard button. I can probably do that and then shortcut the hardbutton to the LCD. Hmmm one more thing to play with tonight. Thank you for your input.

EDIT: I tried learning the code on a hard button and I can do the off to on and the reverse but have not played with dimming to a certain point. The shortcut to the LCD button doesn't work.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Dimming to a set point is just press and hold. Lights will dim or increase (depending on the cycle). If they are going in the wrong direction, just release then press and hold again. Release button when they reach the desired level. Simple.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.