Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Yes, I am still programming my MX-700 remote :)

I have a CD device and a DVD device on the MAIN lcd screen. I really only have a DVD player that does both. Each device will have similar lcd pages but a few macros will be different, hence I created a fictious CD device.

It was posted here that copying in MX-Editor cannot be done from one device to a new device. I just found a way to do it without using other remotes. Here it is:

You right click on an existing device, Select Export Device. Name the mdx file and save.

Go to Main on the device tree and right click, Select Import Device. Select the device you just exported. Click on the device on the left of the window and > (move) it to your Main lcd device list. Save. Voila! You just made a copy. I am not sure why, some of the codes are copied and other keys show [EDIT: these are punch throughs, not shortcuts as originally posted] punch throughs to the original device, but no matter.

btw, I just upgraded using LiveUpdate. This may not have been available previously. I didn't think to look for something like this until after I updated.

Gary

·
Registered
220 Posts
Great tip!
Quote:
Originally posted by gmshoemaker
This may not have been available previously. I didn't think to look for something like this until after I updated.
No, importing and exporting .mxd files has been available since the initial release.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.