Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a good deal on an MX-700.

I've seen the E-Bay ads.

I know about the authorized dealer disclaimer from Universal Remote.

I also notice that reliableaudiovideo.com has them at a discounted price. Has anyone bought an MX-700 (anything else for that matter) from them?

Any other good places to buy?

Thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
Here's some info you might want to read about them before buying anything: Reliable/Legacy Audio Scam

You might also try calling some of the authorized resellers. They are required to advertise at the minimum price, but by law shouldn't be required to sell at that price.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Worthington Distribution ( http://www.worthdist.com ) has the MX700 for $231. I have used them before and had no problems. They do not post prices on the Internet but will send you a nice catalog if you ask. Great prices!

-Tom

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Are you sure Worthington carries the MX700? I was under the impression that they were no longer able to sell it. I believe this occurred after the 2003 catalog was printed.

Steve

·
Registered
284 Posts
Steve,

I haven't called them. Just reading the catalog. Bad news, though. I wanted to order one.

-Tom

·
Registered
290 Posts
Unfortunately, I do not believe Worthington will be carrying the HTM remotes any more. I called them over the course of 6 weeks and was told "We had an issue with HTM. We've got a call into HTM to see if we can work through it." As of two weeks ago they had not. I called HTM and they told me that Worthington was no longer in their distribution channel. They recommned a different distributor. Oh, well.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I purchased mine from an EBay seller who had significantly higher feedback than the other MX-700 EBay sellers, and much of that feedback was for higher-ticket items as a seller over a lengthy period of time, and who listed a phone number.

All the rest just raised red flags, which made me wary of everyone. I ended up getting mine for about $325 (buy-it-now vs bidding) and paid for next-day shipping since I wanted to play with it before the weekend. I didn't feel that was unreasonable, and my experience with the seller was very good throughout. It even came with a manufactured cable (not home made).

·
Registered
71 Posts
Have done significant amount of business with Reliable (Uncles) Electronics. The have a brick and mortar location in the apple if you want to pick something up. Plus their warehouse is packed with Audio and TV merchandise. Picked up my Denon 5803 at the warehouse.

Don

·
Registered
645 Posts
There is a company making software for the 500 and a computer ir interface that makes it work almost like the 700 but for less than half its price. Check at www.irclone.com . Haven't tried yet but do think about it.

Is absoluteaudiovideo.com the same thing as reliable/ legacy? Once when I called them they answered the phone with "uncles". If so, I only had very good experience with them.

Till

·
Registered
53 Posts
FYI,

Ordered MX-700 from reliable last week, UPS delivered it 2 days later.

Their website, and post-order correspondence didn't exactly fill me with confidence, but they did deliver the goods. :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
I purchased my MX-700 fom Reliable/Legacy/Uncle or whatever they call themselves. I picked it up in person from the mail order place I called in Carteret, NJ. They sold it to me with a cable which I found out later on was not the original one. Needless to say, it didn't work and it cost me $20. I had to call the manufacturer and order the right cable for $10. This one works perfectly. I am not a happy camper and won't buy anything from them ever again.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Till
There is a company making software for the 500 and a computer ir interface that makes it work almost like the 700 but for less than half its price. Check at www.irclone.com . Haven't tried yet but do think about it.
Ohhhhh, too bad!! The IRCLONE site now says:

Quote:
UNFORTUNATELY WE ARE NOT ABLE TO SHIP ANY IRCLONE HARDWARE DUE TO PARTS SHORTAGES. WE EXPECT PRODUCTION TO BE BACK ONLINE IN JULY.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE CONTACTED WHEN WE ARE PROCESSING ORDERS AGAIN, PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS BELOW.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Note that MX-500 + IRClone is nearly the same price as an MX-700 (on eBay or similar - not an "authorized" dealer, but the only difference is a 1 year warrantee -- for ~$120; my personal opinion is that HTM is screwing their authorized dealers by overpricing the unit -- I don't fault the authorized dealers in the slightest).

Up to you what to do of course, but I love my MX-700.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
I just got my MX800 and it is even cooler :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.