AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm shopping for a MX-800 and have found the best price on AVPerfection. I've not dealt with them before and was wondering if anyone had positive feedback on the company. Regular UPS delivery is $20 and it's $45 for 3 day which I found pretty high.

Appreciate the feedback.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well, they're not an authorized dealer, so you won't get a warranty from Home Theater Master. The total for 3-day delivery comes to $370. For $15 more, you could get an open box one with Next Day delivery and full warranty from an authorized dealer like SurfRemote.com.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tom. I'm wondering what condition the open box is.....

·
Registered
17,711 Posts
they might be returns or demos, I have heard of many people that went with them (go to remotecentral's HTM forum) and have not heard one complaint yet.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's good to hear Anthony. I've spent thousands of dollars via the Internet and I've only been frustrated once.

I appreciate both of your timely responses.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ordered an open box from SurfRemote...it should be delivered today!

Thanks all for your input.

·
Registered
115 Posts
From there website they indicate they opened them to test them or something like that. It may be a good way to be able to sell below retail and remain an authorized dealer. This dealer and one other are significant contributors to remotecentral.com and will provide an unbelievable amount of support on that forum, along with many other users. I am sure you will be happy with what you receive from them.

Kris

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Received the MX-800 yesterday. It appears to me that if the box was ever opened, it was done in a surgical fashion :). The batteries were still in shrink wrap! The box doesn't look as though it was ever opened. I've not had an opportunity to use it yet, but it appears to be above my expectations.

I highly recommend dealing with this company!

·
Registered
274 Posts
My open box mx 800 from surf remote was pristine also. these guys are good and I have had no problems. the mx800 is awesome and my wife even can use it!!!! This is also very easy to program!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Has anyone tried an Open Box purchase from BlueDo.com? Which is more reliable: BlueDo or SurfRemote?

·
Registered
948 Posts
I got my 700 from bluedo. It was the open box item that they have on the website. I had the same reaction as HeyNow, the batteries were still in the shrink wrap. The remote looked liked it was never used. When I ordered they had a special of free second day air on the 700. I highly recommend using them.

Jim

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sounds like both companies are excellent! It doesn't appear as though you can go wrong.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.