AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a Next Generation Extender for several months. It works flawlessly with my Harmony remote and has been a great RF solution for me.

I recently got a MX-900 and tried to use the Next Generation Extender with it. It didn't work as well. With my Harmony, I could transmit from anywhere in my house, at least 100ft. With my MX-900, the range was about 5ft. Upon further checking, its seems that the RF is almost entirely the MX-900's internal RF, rather than the NGE battery transmitter. The ~5ft max range is the same, when the NGE battery transmitter is removed. And if I turn off RF in the MX-900 editor, then the NGE fails completely. No data is received at any distance.

I suspect that the low range with the MX-900 RF source relates to different frequencies. I believe the MX-900 transmits at ~418MHz, while the NGE receives at ~434MHz. So I think getting a 418MHz NGE would solve the problem, if I can find one (I didn't look around much)? However, I don't understand why the NGE battery transmitter doesn't seem to work at all with my MX-900. Maybe some kind of RF filter blocking neighboring frequencies? Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
You could get the 418 MHz kit here but I would contact the manufacturer first...they should be able to tell you if it'll work with your remote. Here's the link to their website: http://www.nextgen.us/

For the record, I tried the NG remote extender (433MHz) with my MX-500 which is an IR only remote and it didn't work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.