AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, we've all gotten burned on this kind of topic in the past, but I have been told by someone I consider authoritative that this game will be shipping with both 720p and 1080i support or Xbox. Ships in the middle of February.

The developer of this title has had some excellent games in the past, so maybe this will be an HD game that is also fun to play.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I didn't know anything about what type of game MX would be. Here is the Ebgames preorder page - price at $39.99. It doesn't go into the specs much but does say Lan support and internet play.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/236815.asp

We'll wait and see. I'm really hoping for 1080i (I own a Mits RPTV) but that's like trying to win the lottery. If my numbers come up, I'll check it out.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I hear you. I got a Panny that pukes on 720p. A decent 1080i game sure would be nice. Had I known more I would have bought a different set at the time. There has to be a solution for converting the 720p signal to 1080i somewhere. All the cable boxes do it!:(

·
Registered
37 Posts
From Gamespot.com:

GS: Are there going to be any features unique to the platforms? If so, what?

RR: Both the PS2 and Xbox will support HDTV modes. The PS2 will support 480p. If you are running a rear projection or DLP-based television, this really makes a nice improvement. The Xbox will support not only 480p but also 720p as well. The game really looks amazing in this mode and truly rivals the graphics quality of most PC games. I think a lot of people are going to want to pick up an Xbox and an HDTV to play this game.

No XBOX live though...

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, piss. Sorry, guys--I thought I had solid information.

I'm looking forward to 720p, but that won't help you guys that have 1080i sets only.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.