Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the situation:

I'm a proud owner of an MX600 and I recently took advantage of the Woot offer and purchased an MX500. I immediately cloned my 600 to the 500 and noticed that the cable box didn't work. After fiddling with it for an hour or so, I figured it out. The MX500 purchased from Woot was a "private label" MX500 done for Fosgate Audionics (complete with their logo silkscreened at the bottom). Apparently they had a custom firmware installed on it that matches their components right out of the box. The net result is this:

http://karman.pixelcase.net/Remotes.jpg

My MX600 is on the left, the Fosgate 500 is on the right. They moved the default locations of the components (and their various code tables) around. The reason my cable box wasn't working was because the code (074) was being chosen from the VCR code table instead of the cable box table. I have no problem moving the components around, changing the descriptions, etc. but the locations of the code tables never change (ie, the VCR codes will always be in the second position in the second column on a "regular" MX500 and in the lower right corner on the Fosgate). A year or two down the road, when I want to change something and use one of the preprogrammed codes, I won't be able to remember where they are. The manual I have shows them in the regular locations.

Is there a way I can change the firmware on this remote back to what it would be on a regular MX500?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.