AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone figured out how to enter the dash "-" needed for some OTA digital channels in the favorites of the MX500 (either directly, or via IRCLONE) ? (ie 13-1).

Also, using IRCLONE, is there any way to take individual commands, or a group of commands from one file and patch them into another file ? For example, I find a file at Remote Central that has a command I want, and then I'd like to use that command in a current remote configuration file.

Chucko

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
To answer your first question, just learn the "-" command to an unused key on your HD STB device (usually the "DIS" key).

If I remember correctly, you can just right click on the command you want, select "Copy", then open your configuration and paste the command to the key you want.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm trying to figure this out as well. When you program the FAV channels the remote doesn't use the SAT buttons, it uses it's own number buttons.

I need to add the "dash" "-" for the HD channels.

Can I program a button on the MX-500 itself, not one associated with another device? I'm using the "Stop" button while in SAT mode. Like I said, it doesn't use source buttons for programming, only its own internal # buttons. The Zero button toggles to "-", but only for text editting, not channel programming.

thx

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but each FAV macro uses commands from any one device, but only the following keys: [0] though [9], [ENT], [DIS], [PAUSE/INFO - for adding delay time only], [POWER] and [SYSTEM OFF]. You can program (through learning) anything you want to any of those keys and use them in a FAV macro.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks Mike!-

You answered my question. In my SAT mode I put the dash in the "STOP" square just under the toggle since it's an unused button in the mode and in a good location (near the "1" button). I didn't realize only the buttons you mentioned could be used to learn for the FAV macro.

DIS worked out...thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.