AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of MX850 remotes on which I've created macros to turn on the display and set it to the appropriate input (e.g., component 2). In order to have the display accept the input, though, the (discrete) IR command has to be sent 3-4 seconds after the display powers on.

I've used the "time delay" function to add an appropriate delay between sending the "TV on" and "TV (discrete) input" IR commands, but no matter how long I make the delay (or even if I use multiple smaller delays), the remote doesn't wait ... it just shoots out the IR commands w/o pause!

Is there perhaps some addt'l technique (or s/w bug) that I need to account for when using delays in MX macros?

·
Registered
308 Posts
I do this with mine, not sure if will help with your situation, but I have my tv turn on first. Then my macro shoot out a few other commands and then one of the last things I have the macro send is the command to change the input on the TV. It has worked well for me, might want to give it a shot.

macro

1. tv on

2. cable on

3. receiver on

4. cable chanel set

5. receiver changed input

6. tv input changed

finish.

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
You shouldn't have to do anything special, just insert the dealy after the TV On command, then save and download to the remote. If you want, email me your file and I'll check it out.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by valhalla
I do this with mine, not sure if will help with your situation, but I have my tv turn on first. Then my macro shoot out a few other commands and then one of the last things I have the macro send is the command to change the input on the TV. It has worked well for me, might want to give it a shot.

macro

1. tv on

2. cable on

3. receiver on

4. cable chanel set

5. receiver changed input

6. tv input changed

finish.
Yep, that's what I'm doing - display power on is first, display input switch is last ... and it would *work*, too, if only the remote recognized the delay and held off on sending the TV input until the delay time expired.

BTW, I tried a test just now - I reprogrammed the Macro with a 3second delay just before it sends the discrete TV input. When I test the remote, though, and watch the LCD screen (lower-right, where the "wave" icon flashes when a signals being sent), I see a series of signals sent one after another, and *no* delay; in fact, the whole macro completes in ~2-3 seconds, so it's certain that the remote's not responding to the 3second delay I inserted!?!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSRC
You shouldn't have to do anything special, just insert the dealy after the TV On command, then save and download to the remote. If you want, email me your file and I'll check it out.
Thank you Mike (and also for your comments on the remotecentral thread!).

I'll email you the MXF shortly ... thx again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.