AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my AV123 ELT525T towers, I think they sound fantastic, and I plan to save them... will probably give them to my mom. But I've had them for a few years now, and I want something new, something bigger sounding, and with a better, slightly more forward soundstage. The AV123 ELT525 center never impressed me, and I'm really looking forward to have a better center

I paid $600 for the ELT525 towers and center. My new budget for new towers and center will be ~$1100. Keeping my SVS PB10-NSD for now. Receiver is an Onkyo SR707, and I plan to get an external amp later this year.

Music is especially important to me. I listen to mainly electronic and rock. Looking to be able to turn up the volume and not get listener's fatigue.

TY!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
the warmth of the series' tonality was great and smooth

Agree 100%, that's why I'm saving the towers

I would definitely by used, and those speakers would be great, but I'm in Fresno now and I'd have to see how long it would take me to get there. I'm definitely looking for something with warmth and smooth sounding, which makes me think I should stay with silk domes.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will I even be able to "upgrade" my R/L towers and center for $1100 if I buy new or do I need to invest more?

I could do 2x Aperion Verus Forte Tower Speaker and 1x Verus Forte Center Channel Speaker

Or 2x Aperion Intimus 5T Towers and 1x Intimus 5T Center

Or 2x Ascend Acoustics CMT-340 SE MINI-TOWER MONITOR and 1x CMT-340 SE CENTER CHANNEL SPEAKER

I doubt I could afford a 3.0 upgrade from Paradigm or B&W or Dynaudio right?

Am I pretty much stuck with buying used?

All I could find on my craigslist so far is a pair of Paradigm Studio 40 v.3 for $700.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I had a pair of the elt 525 monitors (not the towers) and thought they sounded good. I liked the bigger sound of the x-series from av123, but the 525's smaller footprint was nice. As noted above, the center was the weakpoint.

I spent some time with the ascend 170s and thought they were a definite step up from the 525's. I will say, the 525's sounded a bit smoother to me, but the ascend's had better midrange and the top end was more open/airy. The biggest downfall (to me) was the 525s looked great while the ascends looked pretty basic...

Your list of speakers is good. Have you considered the rockets?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would love the Rockets, but can't find them anywhere anymore, and I'm thinking about switching to a company that is still in business, hehe

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those Swan Divas look pretty sweet, Swan Diva 6.1 and a Swan Diva C3 would be nice lol

In the past I heard Axioms tend to be bright and better for HT than music, is this still true?

·
Registered
3,792 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgeh2o /forum/post/0

I love my AV123 ELT525T towers, I think they sound fantastic, and I plan to save them... will probably give them to my mom. But I've had them for a few years now, and I want something new, something bigger sounding, and with a better, slightly more forward soundstage. The AV123 ELT525 center never impressed me, and I'm really looking forward to have a better center

I paid $600 for the ELT525 towers and center. My new budget for new towers and center will be ~$1100. Keeping my SVS PB10-NSD for now. Receiver is an Onkyo SR707, and I plan to get an external amp later this year.

Music is especially important to me. I listen to mainly electronic and rock. Looking to be able to turn up the volume and not get listener's fatigue.

TY!

Gr research has some NOS x-voce centers and I believe some NOS x-statics left at very good pricing.......

·
Registered
750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgeh2o /forum/post/20772897

Would love the Rockets, but can't find them anywhere anymore, and I'm thinking about switching to a company that is still in business, hehe

You may be in luck!
http://www.chasehometheater.com/foru...ead.php?t=4036

Or just the RS850's
http://emotivalounge.proboards.com/i...y&thread=17596

Regarding Aperion, I think they make great speakers (I've heard the Intimus 6T) with a great finish. There's free shipping two-way, so really there's no reason not to give them a try. I'm not sure the Fortes will be a significant upgrade or not, but the Verus Grands....definitely.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.