AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really surprised how great these EP-6 hour speed tapes(JVC3800u and 3900u) are burning NFL and College game DVDs on the Panny. I should have recorded them SP but 3 years ago I was too stupid to do so. Nevertheless they are being burned great PQ by the stud E-80 unit. I am playing them back on the Panny XP-30 player on the Sony XBR-800 40 inch which is as good as plasma- Wanna bet? I do know that the Sony screen will not burn out in 6-8 years as plasma will. Oh well we will all have new TV's by then anyway. :)

·
Registered
710 Posts
Just out of curiosity, what setting are you using to burn the DVDs on the E-80H? After I finish archiving home movies, I know my wife will want me to copy all of the various series that she has recorded over the years, and she always used EP (some in VHS and some S-VHS). I tried to get her to use SP when we got married, but wives are notoriously hard to train;)

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as settings you must be more specific. But I have my S-VHS VCR s-video cable going in to the line 3 input s-vhs of the E-80. The two audio cables from the S-VHS unit go there also. Your output(line 2 or 4 on the E-80) from the E-80 video go directly to the TV so you can see what you are inputting to the E-80 and audio to your receiver so you can hear the ****.

Factory settings on the E-80 video and audio are OK- I would not change this unless the Gurus say otherwise.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
PMFJI, But I think he wants to know whether you are recording your EP VHS tapes in XP or SP mode on the E80. (I think the answer is XP, but you never said in any of your "My EP VHS tapes look great recorded on the E80" posts).

·
Registered
710 Posts
HoustonGuy, vferrari is correct. I was wondering if you were eventually trying to get all 6 hours onto one DVD-R, in which case I guess you would use FR and end up with E80 encoding at between the E80's LP and EP (yech). If you are splitting up the programs, I guess you could even use XP (or SP) and burn at FR on the DVD. I'm just wondering if the extra trouble of the latter is worth it, if you start out with s-vhs or vhs source recorded at vhs EP. To me, new programs recorded at LP on the E80 looks about as good as s-vhs at EP (although it seems a bit less noisy than my JVC 5900u or 7800u produce at EP). But, I have not yet dubbed any EP tapes from the JVCs, and was wondering if dubbing/burning at SP on the E80 was worth the effort (and extra DVD discs), given the mediocre source.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am recording the S-VHS EP speed tapes to the E-80 HDD on XP speed. I then delete the commercials and halftime and burn the football game on 3 discs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.