Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I usually hang in the HTPC forum but I need your help and advice on this one. My original DTC-100 (which I did like a lot) died about 3 months ago and RCA sold me a refurbished replacement. Guess what. It just died too. Very sad.

Here are my specs:

HDTV, Directv and OTA

Fast response guide (hopefully faster than DTC-100)

One button punch from Directv to OTA

One button punch from SD to HD

Component and toslink outputs

I would just go with a regular Directv STB and a MyHD card for HD but I can't live without my Directv HD.

My options are to keep getting the DTC-100 replaced (probably free this time), which is a major PITA, or just go out and buy a decent machine.

Any former DTC-100 owners who upgraded care to give some advice?

TIA

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
If you can get the DTC-100 replaced for free, that is your best option by far. It's a good STB, and at that price cannot be beat.

Otherwise, I would recommend the new Sony/Zenith units. Although nobody here has had the opportunity to test them, all indications are that they will be the best units available. The Sony should be available within a matter of weeks, and the Zenith will follow in November.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks X,

My hesitancy to simply replace the unit stems from the fact that any replacement they send will be a refurbished unit (just like the one they sold me before) and I'm starting to think refurbished may mean 'works for a while'.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.