AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love love to be able to play off my back and get all the benefiits spoken of here. Is it possible to do with MACs. I would think they would be easy since everything else I tried and hook up was real easy (plug/play). Is this possible>

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
For video, it depends on your display and video card. I watch DVDs at 1376x768 on my G4/450DP via the vga inputs because the display's DDC info is correct for that resolution. The picture quality is excellent. I've used both an OEM Radeon and a Radeon 7000, plus my Tibook/667 for DVD and all work well with my display. There are never any stutters and it all just works.

If your display only has component inputs, then you should be on the lookout for an upgrade from ATI that will add support for their $30 component adapter that will support 480i, 480p, 720p and 1080i. Processor speed will not be an issue for you so long as you have a decent video card.

For audio, I'm just using the analog outputs since I only currently have a Pro Logic receiver, but others here have used the M-Audio USB device. Unfortunately, Apple's DVD Player for Mac OS X doesn't yet support Dolby Digital or DTS so you're limited to using an open source player that I haven't experimented with.

Dennis

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.