AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some need of help with getting rid of red push and have a thread going on over at the HTF HERE

That SVM really sucks. It is so obvious. I hope like hell I can disable it, even if that means opening up the back. SVM should be outlawed. It's the worst invention of all time.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Here is a temporary fix that might work for you only on component connects (until such time that you can find a fix in the service menu). There are red push attenuators discussed in detail Here in the Mitsubishi Tweaks forum (there look in the index post). They connect in-line on the Red component cable and there is a variable one that can be made out of Radio Shack parts (no soldering required). You can use the AVIA disk to dial in the right amount of attenuation. Good luck

Bruce

[This message has been edited by bdenman (edited 08-13-2001).]

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I've tried the suggestions and it did improve the red push, but it still is way off. Now, I am hoping that when I do the 9 point convergence, thing improve. But I think I may have to force Sears/Panasonic to send an experienced tech out here to fix the color problems. How hard would that be to do? I could always tell them to take the set back if they refuse.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The connections for SVM are accessible by opening up the front of the TV. No one has yet managed to disconnect them yet since they are very tightly connected to the board. I tried, but was afraid I was going to break the connectors off the boards. Only solution may be to clip the wires.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do any of you guys own a laserdisc player? LD on my set looks horrendous. About as terrible as EP recorded VHS. Noisy as all get out, grainy, with a very digitized picture. LD on my Wega looked fantastic. I own a Pioneer CLD-704.

VHS and SVHS are unwatchable. SVHS that is recorded from a 16x9 DVD source looks better than all of the above, but is very soft. There is none of the sharpness they had on the Wega.

Any White Streaking? See HERE.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.