AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since October of ?94 when the first of 42 TV stations throughout the Continental U.S. began broadcasting in digital HDTV (which was mandated as a federal standard to replace then current technologies in the succeeding several years) I?ve had HD red and white blood cells!Â*

As a Loyal American, I?ve purchased enough DSP using pieces of equipment to ensure that 2001 will be at least a $10 Billion year for DSP sales.Â* I am the Heart and Soul of High Definition Television.Â* I am a Super Consumer and a Super User.Â* The entire living room of my home is one gigantic theatre.Â* The screen stretches from ceiling to floor and nearly wall to wall and the speakers are so large they scare most visitors.Â* To sit on my

HDTV Couch with remote in hand beats every I-MAX thriller ever made.Â* Quarterbacks throw balls into my gut and body slams shake my floor!

It?s in my blood ? deep and true.Â* I?m an Original HDTV Freak.

Last week I returned from one of my frequent visits to the North Coast of Columbia.Â* I especially like Santa Marta and the mountains that rise up behind this seaside paradise.

It takes a lot of extra satellite seeking equipment to keep my HDTV set-up humming-on while in the mountains.Â* It also takes a sizeable diesel generator with lots of suppressors and a load of stuff I know nothing about.Â* But, I?ve got someone on my traveling staff that does know it all.Â* He?s and indispensable geek named Harley Umblefinkel.Â* Harley makes certain that wherever I travel we have full-blown HDTV entertainment 24/7.Â* While staying at the trendy Hotel Tamaca at El Rodadero, we just rented two suites ? one for sleeping and eating and the other for HDTV party time.Â* There are some programs I will not miss even if it costs a few thou more for airline freight and van costs to transport my traveling gear.

The Columbians love me.Â* Many of the local folk and Hotel Management personnel were constantly at our doors.Â* My girlfriend just let them all in and we partied-on.

I?m buying more stock in DSP makers.Â* I don?t know about anybody else, but this is one hi-tech wave that going to make a lot of folks richer than we already are.Â* Don?t miss this one.Â* Get in the tunnel with me and hang-ten for HDTV, we are in for a very long and wonderful ride.Â* Hail to HDTV and to Harvey the digital Geek without who I?d be bored stiff.Â* Good surfing to all of you.Â* I won?t bore you again until my 1000th posting. That?s a promise.Â* Maybe a word or two here and there, but no more lengthy stuff, at least until after my upcoming Alaskan and Polar Ice Cap trip.Â* Yes, Harvey?s coming too!

Adios for now.Â* Dave Porter, Lancaster, PA

·
Registered
104 Posts
Dave,

Sounds like you've been enjoying too many of the Colombian agricultural products! http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Dave

[This message has been edited by drbaldinger (edited 05-22-2001).]

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
Dave, I had no idea. Let me know about the Alaska trip, I might be in.

Way to go!

------------------

"better living thru modern expensive electronics"

tm

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
will do.......

Adios

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status