AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 507 (v108) that I had tweaked enough so that it was to my liking and not having any other problems with it. 2 1/2 months in, it died. We had the TV on and then left the room. When we returned, it looked like it was off but it was actually still on. The screen was completely black except for about 5 pixels of light. I turned it off and then back on. Same thing, but this time I couldn't turn it off either through the remote or on the set. It was stuck and the center light was blinking (code for "standby"). I called Magnolia Hi-Fi and they recommended that I unplug it for 20 minutes. That didn't do anything. The first rep told me that my rep would call me later to set up a repair time as I have a 4 year warranty so I deal directly with Magnolia. While waiting for my rep to call, we left the TV unplugged overnight only to find that when I plugged it in again, it had the same problem, but now there were more light pixels (15 or so). I could see the light coming out of the back of the TV so I don't think that it was a bulb burn-out (3 blinking lights) issue.

1) I just posted this to see if anyone else had this issue. I haven't seen other posts about it. Anyone else have this problem or know what it might have been?

2) Instead of sending a repairman, Magnolia just sent me a new 507 a week later. I now have a newer 507 (v111 or higher) so I don't have the aspect ratio problem, but now I have to tweak everything again. I haven't been into the service menu yet, since I wanted to get the 100 hours in before I tweak anyway. I basically used PhilB "ColorFacts calibrated HLM507 results" post to tweak my last 507. Is this still the latest and greatest? (I don't know how you guys find the time to keep up with all of these posts :) )

I appreciate the help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.