AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, my 5year old NEC PX50-XR5A has quietly passed away into recycling heaven. I am trying to decide between the Panasonic TC-P50VT25 and the Samsung PNC50C8000.

From all the reading I have been doing it seems the Samsung suffers more than most from IR and has "buzzing" issues but has a top notch picture. The Panny is "rated" just below the Samsung overall on most sites and OLDER models had black issues. I don't care about the 3D or about one being very thin ... primarily just HD quality.

Can't find either in any local store although slightly lower models exist but that doesn't matter because none of them are properly adjusted.

Can someone help convince me which way to go ... and why!
I want to order one or the other ASAP.

I'm sure you all hate these threads by now.

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterEd /forum/post/19626456

OK, my 5year old NEC PX50-XR5A has quietly passed away into recycling heaven. I am trying to decide between the Panasonic TC-P50VT25 and the Samsung PNC50C8000....

There's already a good thread with existing discussion about these two exact models - why not just use that thread?

VT25 vs C8000 Thread

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterEd /forum/post/19627744

Why not? Because it didn't come up in my search either here or on Google.
Thanks

Ah! Sometimes it's easier to just scan the thread topics on the first few pages here - this thread has been floating around on page 1 and 2 for a few weeks (i've been monitoring it)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.