AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just checked my order at 12:30am central, and the status robot indicated that it has been shipped and gave me a fedex tracking number so I may actually get it later today. I placed the order on Monday, 7/23, by phone and paid for next day shipping. Good luck everyone. Dell may come thru for all of us after all.

[This message has been edited by rcheng (edited 08-01-2001).]

·
Registered
14 Posts
I also ordered on 7/23 by phone and mine says shipped but no tracking number. Did you have to call to receive a tracking number? The touchtone order tracking line has me running in circles. I can never actually get to my order info.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I had to call to get the tracking number. The fedex tracker shows the manifest was picked up from Ontario, CA.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Geez, yours is comming from CA shipping to IL and mine is comming from NJ shipping to OR. LAME!! Oh well, I should be getting mine by Friday, ground shipping an all, so I guess thats good enough. At least I can play with it this weekend I hope.

·
Registered
7,997 Posts
I placed on order on 24th. Got the confirmation only yeasterday. BTW, why does Dell charge Tax ? Is everyone paying tax ... or can I ask them not to charge tax ?

------------------
www.musicalnirvana.com

Presenting the genius of Indian Classical Music

·
Registered
273 Posts
I placed an order on the 23rd, but had problems getting my confirm number, and they didn't issue it until the 27th. I just got a "delayed until 8/15" notice and send Dell a nastygram that my order needs to be shipped with the rest of the 7/23 units and if this is not possible to have the sales supervisor contact me. I'll let you know how it turns out. (badly, if consistent with prior experience).

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
nataraj,

If Dell has an office in MO you will pay tax or if you ordered from the business side you will pay tax. I actually cancelled an order on the business side and replaced my order via phone to avoid the tax. I suppose I may have delayed shipping by a few days but...today I got an email saying it was shipped!! Now, this late in the game you may be screwed.

Larry

------------------

G15 D-ILA

Lexicon MC1 7.1 system

Radeon Based HTPC

NHT, velodyne & bag end speaker systems

·
Registered
7,997 Posts
Larry,

I just called and thats what I was told ... since I ordered thr' business site I've to pay tax. Damn. Oh Well, I suppose even at 1,773$ its a good deal.

------------------
www.musicalnirvana.com

Presenting the genius of Indian Classical Music

·
Registered
65 Posts
I ordered one on 7/23 ~~ 10:30am EST -- just got home from work and the FedEx had already been here!! At least, they didn't leave the projector on the porch....Well I'm off to FedEx down by the airport to grab my Lt150!!

Regards,

Drew

·
Registered
628 Posts
Just checked on my 7/23 order and its been shipped too> Woohoo. Coming from Ca to NJ wont be here til 8/7 though. Sigh there goes a weekend of playing with it.

------------------

Gonna name my HT "Tooth and Nails" for the battle my wife is putting up against it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.