AVS Forum banner
  • If you've ever wanted to ask questions on industry standards when setting up your home theater, you're in luck! Peter Aylett, 30 year integrator and partner at HTE Acoustic Interior Design will be answering questions until Sun. Nov. 28th! The thread is now open, and you can join in here!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Consists of:

Room 20'x18'

AE100u

94"x52" Stewart firehawk screen

iScan pro (replaces VB50HRTV which is for sale)

Integra DTR-7.2 AV receiver

Toshiba SD-4700 DVD player

Expressview HDTV receiver

Pronto pro remote

Panamax power unit

B&W front speakers

B&W Surround Speakers

PSB rear speakers

VCR

Connections:

AE100U mounted 14' from screen

HDTV to AV receiver to Projector via component cable

SDTV to AV receiver to iScan to projector via RGB cable

Cable and VCR to AV receiver to iScan to projector via RGB

DVD to AV receiver to projector via component cable and

DVD to AV receiver to iScan via RGB cable (interlaced)

Testing to see what better way to connect DVD

Video and audio calibrated by ISF tech (preliminary, final settings at the end of May)

Tech performed separate settings for RBG and component and stored them in computer.

Looking for switch to hook up HDTV via RGB cable to projector in junction with RGB cable from iScan to have only one run to projector. DVD will likely be wired to iScan via component cable. DVD will be set to interlaced.

Future:

Would like to use a HTPC for primary use. The present setup will be become backup in case of computer failure. I wish I was more knowledgeable of computers and was able to fix problems as they arise.

Home Demonstration:

Any AV members wishing to see my Home theater, please E-mail me at [email protected] . I am retired, so I can accomodate almost any time frame.

Wally Masters

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Cool, another Canadian with an ae100. You know, if you have enough free time, you should open up a movie house :) of course, I think you'd need a license for that though ;)

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
That Integra receiver and those B&W speakers...sounds like you've got the audio side well covered! An HTPC might make the whole setup really shine, have you seen the special AVS is running on them?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cal Z.

The next item I plan to purchase will be a HTPC. I need to get comfortable using my present system. I would like to see a wiring diagram of a HTPC connection in a home theater environment so I can design a parallel system with my cuurent one. I will seriously consider buying a HTPC from AC Science. Rochester NY is only a couple hours drive from my home. I also have to check on restrictions of bringing the HTPC across the border to have AV Science do repairs or updates.

Wally

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.