Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I had an unfortunate accident and my Acoustic Research center speaker PSC25 http://www.1-888camcorder.com/acresarspeak1.html fell and one of the mids speakers lots its magnet. I opened the cabinet and put back the magnet aligning it to fit into the 4 slots on the back of the speakers but it doesnt quite look right. It seems it had some glue before that made the whole thing more of a "single" continuos piece. Now all it has holding it to the speaker is the four metal "tips" that fit in the 4 holes on the back of the speaker. The sound is very low and not clear at all compared to the other mid speaker. What is wrong? Should I try to replace the speaker even though that may hamper the timbre match quality? Please help my friends...

Regards

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As basically all Center Channels it has two mids and one tweater hence even with the one sounding lower than the other, the sound as a whole is still pretty good. All I want to know is if there is any way I can fix the damage speaker or try to replace it with a "good" brand mid.

Regards

·
Registered
48 Posts
Its a $95 dollar speaker online, wouldnt a new midrange cost you 20-30 bucks? Id ask myself if saving 60-70 bucks is worth the sacrifice in quality to the speaker....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.