AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased the Diamond ATI HD 2600 XT card for my computer. my computer can run it no problem. but after a little while of playing games, mainly FPS's, my computer gives me a black screen, the audio stutters, and then my system crashes and i have to hard reset. the only two things i can think of that are causing this issue are 1) the card itself is defective or 2) which seems a little more likely, my power supply is not big enough (it is 300 watts). anyway input would be awesome cause i dont want to return this and am kinda lost

p.s. this is the second copy of the card i have, the first did the same, i returned it, got a new one, worked for a few days, same thing

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Apologies for not being able to help but this is exactkly why I do not want an HTPC...I can just imagine the calls I would I from SWMBO...

·
Registered
40 Posts
FWIW, adding a 2400Pro to my HTPC produced very similar sounding symptoms for me. I tried everything - many different ATI drivers, a beefier power supply, etc. Finally, I updated the BIOS on the motherboard (Gigabyte socket 939, in case it is relevant), and the problem went away. No idea why, but you may want to give it a try.

Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts