AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noob here..hesitant about posting b4, but figured i'd get brave and do it anyway.

Basement is split in to 2 sides, the main side being 52x15..I basically split it in half and one end is the bar area the other is the theater area..I framed and and wired my self, with some occasional help from my brother-in-law..hired out drywall..tried hanging 2 sheets by myself, said, "nope, i don't want to screw this up!"

The theater area is approx 25x16. all speaker wire in-wall shield UL, etc etc.

components will be at rear in space next to furnace area. Wired for 7.x audio.

just purchased samsung 55" 9000 series which will hang on front wall..have older, low end surround speakers that will get upgraded.

Looking at the yamaha vx667 receiver..kind of undecided on speakers, but want in-walls for front at least. Not sure i can do in ceiling at the rear without losing sound quality.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Looks like it is coming along very nice. Minus the bar, it sounds very similar in concept and size to the room I just finished.

With the TV going on the wall, you might find that some floor or stand mounted speakers will work. My front and back speakers are all on stands and I don't feel like I'm losing much room beacause of it. In my approximately 12' x 22' room, we have enough room to comfortably seat seven on a sectional and chair even with the speakers taking up floor space.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it's not shorter than any other standard basement..7ft ceilings with the exception of the ductwork. Just may look short due to the camera lens i was using at the time.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Looks great. Love the color. I have a similar size room and am leaning toward setting it up across rather than longways. Would love to see more pics.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I like the set up. Not a huge HT guy, but I am comoing around to it. (I really just dont have the money or the space right now) I am however a really big bar guy, I am very interested to see how you plan on finishing the bar area. Will it be a wet bar or dry? And are you planning on having a kegerator or not? Cant wait to see it! Keep of the great progress!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it'll be a wet bar...no kegerator,at least not at this time..just ceramic tile counter/bar top....toward bottom of the budget barrel and have had to make certain concessions so I could still afford the theater gear i wanted.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Awesome space, I really like the colors you chose aswell. Post more pics as you progress.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
'Borrowed' this idea from another poster,(YW84U) his looked great, so i thought if i had the time during all the little 'end of project..takes 10 minutes type stuff' I'd give this an effort...

Pre-DIY - Faceplate look:

Mid - DIY Faceplate look:

Haven't made or painted (will be black) all of them yet (just 2 or 3 more)..then window trim around the opening. I have a lot of open space below the Intergra, so i think i'm gonna mount an open front movie cabinet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.