AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of every format I've ever collected (Beta, VHS, Laserdisc, DVHS D-Theater DVD, HD-DVD & Blu-Ray), my Blu ray collection is growing at an unprecedented rate. I've bought 30 Blu-Ray movies in less than 60 days, and judging by the releases coming out in the next 30 days, my collection will double in a month. Is anyone else buying into Blu-Ray quicker than any other format??

BTW, I saw mention of the BDA at the CES, and I was sure it stood for Blu-Ray Annoymous
I'm about ready to join that 12 step program they offer!

Marc.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaj /forum/post/0

Seriously, how can anyone watch that many films? I've got 5 and I'm only half way through the first one!
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuDBaker /forum/post/0

OK.

I guess we could all squeeze in some more viewing time if all of our forum replies were as condensed as StuDBaker's. Who needs actual sentances!

Marc.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc D Carra /forum/post/0

Out of every format I've ever collected (Beta, VHS, Laserdisc, DVHS D-Theater DVD, HD-DVD & Blu-Ray), my Blu ray collection is growing at an unprecedented rate. I've bought 30 Blu-Ray movies in less than 60 days, and judging by the releases coming out in the next 30 days, my collection will double in a month. Is anyone else buying into Blu-Ray quicker than any other format??

BTW, I saw mention of the BDA at the CES, and I was sure it stood for Blu-Ray Annoymous
I'm about ready to join that 12 step program they offer!

Marc.

Ive got 68 since october. Ill be getting like 5 more this week.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
I am not at 30, but I am at 23 in the last 30 days. We just watched "Pearl Harbor" tonight and the PQ and AQ were amazing. Over the next 60 days or so, I have roughly 30 more titles I will buy. I will probably end up with over 100 BD's for 2007.

~Josh

·
Registered
3,722 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaj /forum/post/0

Seriously, how can anyone watch that many films? I've got 5 and I'm only half way through the first one!

Simple.

Prioritize.

If I really want to, I can watch one movie every weeknight, and then there's weekends...

·
Registered
2,871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Mack /forum/post/0

Josh, have you checked out "Crank" yet? PQ and AQ are supposed to be pretty damn swell.

I haven't seen it yet because I can not find it anywhere locally. Tomorrow I will be going to BB and if it is out of stock there, I will order it on Amazon.

~Josh

·
Registered
242 Posts
BD is like crack, once u get a taste you can't stop. There needs to be BD and HD anonymous programs kind of like 12 steps to control the spending.

·
Registered
61 Posts
yeah i wonder i might be the same way! when i get my new monitor i might start buying all the bluray movies i can!

·
Registered
6,270 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatboy77 /forum/post/0

I haven't seen it yet because I can not find it anywhere locally. Tomorrow I will be going to BB and if it is out of stock there, I will order it on Amazon.

~Josh

In case you guys didnt know, you can go to bestbuy.com, click on the movie your interested in, click store availability, type in your zip...... and bam, it will show what stores in your area have that movie in stock.

·
Registered
818 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus1099 /forum/post/0

In case you guys didnt know, you can go to bestbuy.com, click on the movie your interested in, click store availability, type in your zip...... and bam, it will show what stores in your area have that movie in stock.

This has been highly inaccurate for me. Movies that are supposed to be in stock sometimes aren't, and vice versa.

·
Registered
123 Posts
im at about 30 too, since mid december, about a month now.

see, the thing is, i havnt bought a single dvd for like 3 years, because i kept telling myself i'd just want to re-buy it when they went high definition. so now that i finally got a blu-ray player, the flood gates have opened. im sure ill slow down a bit soon...

·
Registered
243 Posts
I thought I had alot. Since I got my PS3 I picked up 16 Blu-ray movies(including Talledega) and 5 HD DVD's

·
Registered
45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenodds /forum/post/0

I thought I had alot. Since I got my PS3 I picked up 16 Blu-ray movies(including Talledega) and 5 HD DVD's

I got my PS3 on 12-14 and since then I have bought 17 Blu-Ray movies. I got an XBOX HD-DVD add on 11-30 and still only have King Kong. Microsoft should have included a HDMI port on the Xbox and I would have bought more. I find it hard to justify buying movies just to watch them in 720p or 1080i.

·
Registered
243 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfriday /forum/post/0

Microsoft should have included a HDMI port on the Xbox and I would have bought more. I find it hard to justify buying movies just to watch them in 720p or 1080i.

Exactly my reason in skipping the add on.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.