AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will it die again soon or is it bad for the projector to continue using it? If so, where can I buy a replacement lamp locally, or do I have to order it online? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Will it die again soon or is it bad for the projector to continue using it? If so, where can I buy a replacement lamp locally, or do I have to order it online? Thanks!
The lamp should last 6000 hours. Warranty on the projector is 1 year, but I don't know what the lamp warranty is, sometimes only 90 days. If it is still under warranty, I would contact benq with your receipt info and see what they say. They might just exchange lamps with you to see if that is problem or might want you to send it in. If the projector is new then it probably isn't a bad lamp, but a failed cooling blower.

If it is not under warranty, then genuine lamps are available on the Benq site or from Provantage. I wouldn't buy anything that said 'generic' or 'compatible'.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The lamp should last 6000 hours. Warranty on the projector is 1 year, but I don't know what the lamp warranty is, sometimes only 90 days. If it is still under warranty, I would contact benq with your receipt info and see what they say. They might just exchange lamps with you to see if that is problem or might want you to send it in. If the projector is new then it probably isn't a bad lamp, but a failed cooling blower.

If it is not under warranty, then genuine lamps are available on the Benq site or from Provantage. I wouldn't buy anything that said 'generic' or 'compatible'.
So it's prob the fan? I've had the projector since December but there's absolutely no way I've used it for 6000 hours. I've watched maybe 15-20 movies. Can I still use it or would it damage the projector? I bought it from B&H what should I do?

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
So it's prob the fan? I've had the projector since December but there's absolutely no way I've used it for 6000 hours. I've watched maybe 15-20 movies. Can I still use it or would it damage the projector? I bought it from B&H what should I do?
There are actually 3 fans and a blower. I doubt if you CAN continue using it. If the blower has failed, then the overtemp will shut it down within a few minutes. The manual says to call your dealer for warranty issues, so that would be B&H. They may tell you to contact Benq directly, but I think you need to go to B&H first.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are actually 3 fans and a blower. I doubt if you CAN continue using it. If the blower has failed, then the overtemp will shut it down within a few minutes. The manual says to call your dealer for warranty issues, so that would be B&H. They may tell you to contact Benq directly, but I think you need to go to B&H first.
I think I figured out what happened, shortly before it did this it came unplugged accidentally without powering down first. When I restarted it it shut off because of the improper shutdown just before, and after letting it cool off it worked again. Does this sound right?

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I think I figured out what happened, shortly before it did this it came unplugged accidentally without powering down first. When I restarted it it shut off because of the improper shutdown just before, and after letting it cool off it worked again. Does this sound right?
I couldn't say. If it stays on and works normally, then you won't get any help from B&H for an intermittent shutoff problem anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts