AVS Forum banner

1101 - 1120 of 2482 Posts

·
Registered
4,676 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MozartMan /forum/post/13041812

Here is the Part I of my guide how to author MPEG-2 to AVCHD. I attached PDF file to my post.

That's really interesting. I wonder if it would be possible to use MF6+ to author the whole menu'd, chaptered, HDV mpeg2/AC3-5.1 BDMV project into folders, then do the same with TSRemux 0.018, and replace the 3 files from the TSRemux project with the ones from the MF6+ project?

Can't wait for part 2...

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
I didn't think to try the playlist files, that must have been why it would play on my player and not the PS3. I'm going to guess that chapters are stored in the playlist file. If chapters are stored in the playlist, then you can probably just use generic m2ts clips as placeholders when creating the AVCHD version. One thing that's not in the PDF is that the backup files would also be intended to be replaced. Anyway, maybe with this I can now do 24p Blu-ray with menus.

·
Registered
656 Posts
New version 0.0.20 of TSRemux is out:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=125447

Quote:
New version 0.20:

* Fixed EVO/VOB/MPG file handling

* Fixed MPLS generation from above (big thanks to all contributors)

* Added DTS HD to DTS in blu-ray streams

To Do: language selection for subtitles/audio streams as opposed to setting them all to english.

As usual for any issues, especially crashes a small sample is very much appreciated.

PS

It's weekend finally. I am going to work on the guide Part II.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Looking forward to it. Thanks for all your work on this. I think we need to create a new thread collecting all info in the first post, similar to what Joe did on the HD DVD side.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Has anyone fooled around with Nero Vision very much? I've been trying to create some AVC-HD discs and having the program re-encode my MPEG2 TS files into MPEG4. Whelp, after I decided the quality was good enough, I went to try my first complete movie. The problem is I couldn't get the program to let me select anything less than 12,000kbps. This was an issue, of course, because I needed about 11,000kbps to get my movie on one DL disc.

Can anyone confirm this behavior? I'm going to give MF6+ another try, but I got terrible results with their encoder....

THanks,

Chris

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Riddle me this:

I have a clip that is 6 minutes 57 seconds long. I have Nero Vision setup to encode it at 12,000 kbit/s and auto set to automatic. Let's assume the audio is 384kbit/s for a total bitrate of 12,384kbit/sec. (Does anyone know what the actual audio bit rate is set to?)

So that's 417 seconds * 12,384kbit = 5351778 kbits or 668,972kb. Nero is telling me the project is going to take up "0.76 out of 4.38 GB." I am assuming the GB in Nero is in actual GB so that would be 668,972/(1024*1024), which would give a file size of 0.64GB. I also have menus turned off. Does all of the other garbage on a AVC-HD disc really take up 120megs? Using TSRemux, the other stuff is taking up about 20 megs.

Perhaps I'm mixing something up here but that seems pretty darn high.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
656 Posts
OK guys. I finished my guide:

How to author MPEG-2 to AVCHD on DVD5

using Ulead DVD MovieFactory 6+ with HD pack

without re-encoding MPEG-2 to AVC.

PDF file attached to my post. Feel free to ask any question regarding my guide.

HowToAuthorMPEG2toAVCHD.pdf 401.5322265625k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Reading through the PDF, I wonder if there's any need for page 2. In your testing was there any indication for the 5 types and all that? Did you run into any issues that were cleared up by using the 5 types as explained? I would think that if you're replacing playlist, clipinf and stream files that it might not matter what types of files are used in the AVCHD. Certainly having a m2ts file so that they don't have to transcode makes sense, but in theory I question if having a matching type file is necessary because in the end you're using the BDMV clips and information files.

·
Registered
551 Posts
If you want to just play your HDV video with PS3 there is no need to all this just capture your video as MPEG2 PS not TS , burn to media, load to your PS3 and enjoy, why convert sound to dolby 5.1 while originaly is not, I captured all my HDV tapes this way burned to DVD-R DL and works like a charm. the whole issue is getting HD movies captured from satellite or cable to play, those are realy tough to play with.

·
Registered
656 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by latreche34 /forum/post/13066486

If you want to just play your HDV video with PS3 there is no need to all this just capture your video as MPEG2 PS not TS , burn to media, load to your PS3 and enjoy, why convert sound to dolby 5.1 while originaly is not, I captured all my HDV tapes this way burned to DVD-R DL and works like a charm. the whole issue is getting HD movies captured from satellite or cable to play, those are realy tough to play with.

latreche34,

You are absolutely right, except that PS3 will play native HDV transport stream file with original .M2T extension from any media, so there is no need to capture HDV as PS. Also, if I want to edit my HDV file later, Vegas will not accept it as PS file.

But if you want to send your HDV file to somebody else who doesn't have PS3, but has stand alone BD player, they won't be able to see you HDV movie, unless you author it on disk as Blu-ray or AVCHD.

Plus you can have menus and chapters.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MozartMan /forum/post/13066747

I burned disk from your iso file. It plays on PS3 without any problem.

Thanks. After you mentioned that the playlist contains stream information in that first PDF I was hoping that might explain why the PS3 wasn't playing my previous test disk.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
By defualt MF6+ doesn't seem to be able to work with 24p video for Blu-ray. The following is how I created the 24p test clip. If you want to put mpeg2 on AVCHD with a menu and chapters, this would likely also work. It's quite possible that there might be issues with this, so if you would happen to try this and find any then please post. The general idea is that you'll have a working directory based on Media Factory 6+ files (MF6+) and then you'll replace or modify files in the Streams, Clipinf, Playlist, and Backup directories in order to use Blu-ray compatible video that MF6+ doesn't directly support.

1 - I began an AVCHD project with MF6+ (BDMV would also probably work if you have Blu-ray media), and created a project like usual with menus and chapters. I was using a transcoded clip (created by using the export option), but you could also use a generic m2ts clip like MozartMan describes.

2 - I then burned the finished project to disk. This has to be done for AVCHD, but if you're working on a BDMV project you can just create folders.

3 - I copied the AVCHD files from disk to the hard disk. For this step your OS has to be able to read UDF 2.5, but I was using Vista which does. If you're working on BDMV, then these files would have already been created in the last step. These files will be the working directory for the modified disk. In steps 5-8 I refer to these main files as the MF6+ directories.

4 - I created the video that would replace the MF6+ output. For my project I ran the 24p clip through Tsremux and created Blu-ray folders. These were the files I inserted to replace the MF6+ files. For this step you need to have Blu-ray compatible audio and video files. If you're not using 24p files and want to put mpeg2 into AVCHD, then you can create a menuless BDMV project with MF6+ instead for this step. In steps 5 and 6 I refer to these files as Tsremux, because that's what I was using.

5 - I renamed the Clipinf and Stream files from Tsremux to match the MF6+ names. The naming convention for the MF6+ files has the first clip called 00000 and then the next clip is 00001 in a series for how many ever clips you have. There will be some extras that are used for menus, but you only have to be concerned with the files related to the audio and video clips. After renaming, then I used the Tsremux Clipinf and Stream files to replace the ones in the MF6+ directores.

6 - I hex edited the MF6+ Playlist file to match the Tsremux Playlist file. See http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...41#post1097741 for more information. Because my clips only had one video and one audio stream, the items I had to change were the first three columns in rows 80h and 90h.

7 - I copied the Playlist and Clipinf files in the main MF6+ directories to replace the backup files in the MF6+ directories.

8 - I burned the modified MF6+ BDMV directory to DVD using Nero 8 with UDF 2.5 format set.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MozartMan /forum/post/13065746

Also I have small AVCHD-MPEG2 disk with main menu, chapters menu, and two chapters. Video is 1 min 17 seconds long. I zipped the whole finished BDMV folder into ZIP file. The file size 124 MB. Then I split it in three pieces for easy download, each file around 42MB. I posted those files on some web space. If somebody wants to try my AVCHD-MPEG2 sample on their PS3 or other BD player, PM me, and I will send you link to the files.

Nice guide...I must be missing something though. How is this different than the Brajesh/Tom process which uses TSRemux and ULead? That also results in an AVCHD disc that plays in the PS3, using MPEG-2 video.

Apologies if I missed something obvious.

Chris

·
Registered
656 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherom /forum/post/13068538

Nice guide...I must be missing something though. How is this different than the Brajesh/Tom process which uses TSRemux and ULead? That also results in an AVCHD disc that plays in the PS3, using MPEG-2 video.

Apologies if I missed something obvious.

Chris

Brajesh/Tom process uses BDMV folder structure generated by TSRemux, and .M2TS video file generated by Ulead.

It works great, but you don't have menus on your AVCHD-MPEG2 disk.

With my guide you have menus.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by benes /forum/post/13071229

I have a friend who has tried them. Works fine in the PS3. Between us we have tested about 6 different brands of BD-RE and they all work. I haven't heard of any BD media yet that has a problem in PS3.

No. And even the cost is not a big deal. Its only a couple of bucks more and you can re-use them.

Awesome - thanks. Do all of these REs have hardcoating on them like the commercial discs?

Cheers,

Chris

·
Registered
1,464 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MozartMan /forum/post/13065746

Just to let everyone know, this process does not work on the Panasonic DMP-BD30 Blu-Ray players.

The only way I can get an AVCHD disk to work is to allow Ulead MF6 with HD plug in to re-encode my HDV footage to AVCHD. You lose a lot of quality when you do this plus it takes two hours to convert a 4.7 gig file. Also, you have to uncheck the create menu because if you allow MF6 yo create a menu, the disk will not play.

1101 - 1120 of 2482 Posts