AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because I can't seem to get any tech support I thought I would post here. My unit displays doted lines or just lines that do not go completely accorss the screen. They white or black or both. They appear fast and disapear. It is not my DVD players. It does not show up on my NEC 6PG Plus projetors test patterns. I am not a rich. This is extremely disappointing. Any help to fix it would be great but an alternative where If it is not fixable is good also. I would like a replacement unit if possible and I don't understand why I should have to pay anything for a new one if so. I can't beleave I'm supposed to entertain my mothers guest with this. I'm depressed. Please help.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Email your problem to [email protected] . You should get a reply from our tech support. I am not sure what the problem could be? I don't even have my CS-2 yet. I guess they haven't made it to the east coast yet.

·
Registered
753 Posts
PST time.

·
Banned
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I watched Fellowship Of The Ring Extended Edition for the first time. I began to notice green and a pink lines. If I pause it on a place on a movie with a line problem as mentioned, it either stays there or flickers in the same spot.

It happend about every 15 to 30 minutes. On AOTC it was occuring every 30 seconds to 4 minutes so I quit watching it.

·
Banned
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not going to send the unit off until after chrismas. It would take longer. Besides the lines happening and average of four times per movie so far, the pic is great! I can't wait to try some custom resolutions once I get the cable for it. Ice Age (saw for the first time) was great!!!!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Do you have a different display that you could test? Even a computer monitor. I have never seen this kind of problem before. Also try turning AGC off to see if there is a difference and make sure sharpness is set to 0. You may want to start with a factory reset first.

·
Banned
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
whats AGC? I tried factory settings but it is still there. I think my computer monitor should work with it. I will check.

·
Banned
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It does the same thing on my computer monitor.

Edit: As stated by another customer, I'm unsure why they must examine the unit to replace it. Is it policy to try to fix it first?

Please help me understand.

·
Banned
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's gotten alot worse. After my mothers students have been over for evaluations and watched thier movie today, it is off to be fixed. I can't watch it like this anymore. Dang! my first guest to my theater foiled. Just another month of many without movies. I'm so disappointed and depressed I don't think anyone will see me here much for awhile. I think I will sleep, eat, and work. Done venting.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Steve,

Sorry to hear about your problems I hope you can fix them soon, but just curious, was the thread title some sort of reverse psychology thing ?

·
Banned
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No it was a mistype. Like I said I am very depressed so spelling will not be that great.

Update: Now the picture freezes a frame or so every 3/4 second. They can't watch anything now. GGRrrrrrr.

·
Banned
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It stoped the jumping but did it again. I paused it for a couple seconds and then it quit the jumping. We may watch a movie after all.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Sounds like a problem with your source. Does this happen with all sources? It is possible that you have a problem with your unit but these problems are not generally common with video processors.

·
Banned
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yes it happens with all my sources I have tried. I tried two DVD players into both interlaced and progressive inputs, then I tried a composite input of digital tv.

I also tried every input aspect with every output aspect.

Nobody wanted to look at my theater thankfully.

BTW my RM number is 48418E. I think I will send it out tommorow as 2 day.

This may be strange that iy doesnt work but IO'm used to getting non working gear. Just see the list of things I don't own anymore at my website. I started trying to piece together a theater in november last year and I still haven't got one that works all together to my satisfaction.

·
Banned
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's on it's way now. I sent it off yesterday using UPS. I sent it the four day shipping method for just 10 dollars since 2 day was about 50 dollars.

I took some digital camera shots before I packed it up. Here is what to look for when it gets there. Should I e-mail these to the Focus Enhancements e-mail address you gave me FE? Can you see that they look at these images?

·
Banned
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here is a shot of the most annoying line that kept appearing. The large 3d looking green doted line. It's above the gray bar on the left. Hope you all can figure out whats wrong with it. If these don't help any, I'm sorry for going on and on about it.

·
Registered
753 Posts
You can email me all the pics and the RMA # I will forward it to our test dept. [email protected] . You unit has not arrived yet.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.