AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A good friend of mine is looking for a 36 inch 4:3 HDTV.

He wants it to have a flat screen (wega type) 4:3 HDTV, at 36 inches. He needs it to be right around a grand out the door.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I'm not sure the prices are at that point yet for a 36" HDTV. Perhaps he could try Costco.

EDIT: Your response would be better in the Direct View forum.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Unfortunately for your friend, I think that its hard to find an analog 36" flatscreen for $1k out the door, let alone a HDTV. Perhaps watch the local classified ads and eBay to see if something used turns up.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
He wants way more than he can get for 1K.

·
Registered
59 Posts
He could keep an eye out for "open box items" at various electronics retailers.

Last year I stumbled onto an RCA MM36110 at Best Buy which (after a bit of haggling), I got for about $900. MSRP at the time was around $1800.

They can be returned for a number of reasons. The salesman told me that the original purchasers thought they had enough room for it in their entertainment center, then got it home to find that the sidemounted speakers made it to wide. Yeah I know, he could say anything, but all I know is that it has been a sterling performer for me for 12 months.

Good Luck,

Shaun

·
Banned
3,023 Posts
The only flat screen 4:3 HDTV you can get at $1000 right now is the Samsung 32" model. The cheapest 36" 4:3 HDTV is the Hitachi 36UDX10 and its not flat screen, available at Circuit City for $1399, the Hitachi 32" HDTV 32UDX10 is $999 there too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.