AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

So looking for new first projector under 2grand. The dimensions of my home theater are 20 feet long, 16 feet wide, and 7 feet high ceiling

The theater is located in my basement/mancave and i have total control over the light coming inside the room. The room size allows me to comfortably seat 8

and also accommodates a 100'' Screen can go bigger if need too. So after reading the forums here. and other places. Just wanted to know thoughts and ideas of my

choices. And any other Projectors i might have miss? Main use Blu-ray Movies and HD Sports on Direct TV Satelite

MY TOP 3 CHOICES ARE/ Epson Home Cinema 8350/Optoma HD33 3D Projector/Panasonic PT-AR100U Projector

Some of my requirement not in order

1, Lens Shift

2, HD (1920 x 1080)

3, Good Contrast Ratio

4, At least 2 Hdmi port

5 At least 1500 - 2000 lumens

6. Good Lamp Life

Thanks for any and all help

GOBLUE!!

·
Registered
7,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBLUE16  /t/1415501/my-budget-is-2000-for-digital-projector-choices#post_22128553

Hello All,

So looking for new first projector under 2grand. The dimensions of my home theater are 20 feet long, 16 feet wide, and 7 feet high ceiling

The theater is located in my basement/mancave and i have total control over the light coming inside the room. The room size allows me to comfortably seat 8

and also accommodates a 100'' Screen can go bigger if need too. So after reading the forums here. and other places. Just wanted to know thoughts and ideas of my

choices. And any other Projectors i might have miss? Main use Blu-ray Movies and HD Sports on Direct TV Satelite

MY TOP 3 CHOICES ARE/ Epson Home Cinema 8350/Optoma HD33 3D Projector/Panasonic PT-AR100U Projector

Some of my requirement not in order

1, Lens Shift

2, HD (1920 x 1080)

3, Good Contrast Ratio

4, At least 2 Hdmi port

5 At least 1500 - 2000 lumens

6. Good Lamp Life

Thanks for any and all help

GOBLUE!!

The Optoma HD33 has no lens shift and a limited zoom range, so very little placement flexibility and probably would not work in your room. For DLP at $2K the BenQ W7000 would be your best bet. If you have no interest in 3D then the Epson HC8350 is OK, but that model does not perform as well as the more expensive Epson HC 8700UB (note that both of these Epson models came out in late 2010 so you should be able to find them selling for well below their original price). If you are interested in 3D (or even if only interested in 2D) then the Epson 5010 is a very good projector (but over your $2K street price) that along with the BenQ W7000 (right at $2K) are certainly among the best projectors selling for under $3K MSRP. Epson also offers a less expensive 3D model with their model HC 3010 , but it lacks lens shift, so it probably won't work for your room. The Panasonic AR100U is also considered a good 2D only projector, especially at it's typical on-line price.

The AV Science store (sponsor of this forum) sells most of these models at very good prices and offers excellent service, so I suggest you give their sales office a call for their prices (link above and their main phone number is: 877-823-4452).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Check out LG CF181D available from projectorpeople.com for USD 1499 [+ free bulb]. I just got mine and this things throws out amazing picture on my 165 inch screen. Feel like AMC cinema @ my home.

·
Registered
JVC RS2000| Runco Q750| Hitachi 3500 LED| M-Vision 260HB|130in 2:35.1| MadVR| Pioneer VSX-LX503
5,338 Posts
Do yourself a huge favor and get a Benq W7000 with a 120in screen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts