AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting together a system and have around 1400 to spend on the amp/processor/receiver. Hope you guys point me in the right direction (brands to consider) in order to make a decent decision.

The room is 20x30 with 10ft ceilings.

No need for 3D tv.

7.1 is enough (2f,c,sub,4 surround is that right?)

4 outdoor speakers

2 speakers in other side of house

Would like to download/play internet radio (pandora) and netflix. Does the receiver need an ethernet port?

Model/Brand Suggestions ?

Thanks for the help, but there is TMI out there. All this stuff is overwhelming.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I just went through the same thing with a similar budget. I looked at the Denon 4311 and the Onkyo TX-NR3008, and settled on the Onk.

If you're looking at the Denon, call up Electronics Expo and get their price (it should be close to your budget). The Onk is easy to find online at that price (or lower).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeKat /forum/post/19505334

I am putting together a system and have around 1400 to spend on the amp/processor/receiver. Hope you guys point me in the right direction (brands to consider) in order to make a decent decision.

The room is 20x30 with 10ft ceilings.

No need for 3D tv.

7.1 is enough (2f,c,sub,4 surround is that right?)

4 outdoor speakers

2 speakers in other side of house

Would like to download/play internet radio (pandora) and netflix. Does the receiver need an ethernet port?

Model/Brand Suggestions ?

Thanks for the help, but there is TMI out there. All this stuff is overwhelming.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts