AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. i was shopping for a new TV and looking at everyone's advice on those, but i figured someone might have some advice on my other problem. i have an onkyo 7.1 setup and the surround right channel keeps popping. i have checked the connections on receiver and speaker side and also switched out the speaker with the left side and the middle right channel still pops. i haven't tried replacing the speaker wire yet, but that's next. anyone have any other ideas that might help? i am really hoping it isn't the receiver.

it pops regardless of what i am doing TV, movies, PS3, even no input.

thanks

nick

·
Registered
29,503 Posts
What is the "middle right channel" How many speakers do you have set up?

Generally there is a left, center, right, which are the three front speakers and then surround left, surround right. And if you have 7.1 you also surround back left and right.

I've never heard of "middle right channel". Sorry.

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Have you tried swopping the cable at the amp end to send it to another speaker from the 'poping' channel? If the pop moves to the other speaker, that proves your cable and speaker, so must be from the amp (either the power amp stage itself or the preamp/driver before that).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/18129032

What is the "middle right channel" How many speakers do you have set up?

Generally there is a left, center, right, which are the three front speakers and then surround left, surround right. And if you have 7.1 you also surround back left and right.

I've never heard of "middle right channel". Sorry.

no, you're right. i just couldn't for the life of me think of the word "surround." i don't know why. it is the surround right channel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin1965S /forum/post/18129044

Have you tried swopping the cable at the amp end to send it to another speaker from the 'poping' channel? If the pop moves to the other speaker, that proves your cable and speaker, so must be from the amp (either the power amp stage itself or the preamp/driver before that).

ha, i meant to try that the other day and got lazy. that will be the next thing i try. thank you, sir.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.