AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Onix Rocket speakers and I am having a difficult time with the size of their center "bigfoot" speaker as far as placement in an audio cabinet. I currently have an old RPTV and the center speaker sets on top. With an upcoming new LCD the center speaker will not fit on top or in my audio cabinet.

Will I notice any blending issues if I replaced the center speaker with a different brand speaker.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
It is common advice around here to take care in selecting your center and main speakers so that they sound similar. You can certainly change center channel speakers, but it would be easy to pick one that sounds different enough to be distracting. I am sure there are some good, or good enough, matches as well. But I don't have any specific advice on that. I do have another option you might like to consider...

I have an LCD and a TV stand, too. I added an LCD mount to the stand so that I can put the center speaker on top of the TV stand.

I did a DIY (but REALLY easy) mod using an LCD mount from Bello. My stand is from another manufacturer. I bet the Bello mount would work with a lot of different stands, and it isn't very expensive, either. Here are some pics:
http://forums.**********/showpost.ph...10&postcount=5

^ replace ******** with "a v 1 2 3 . c o m" (minus the spaces)

With some of the DIY details...
http://picasaweb.google.com/maxcoope...HybridTVStand#

Of course, you could also just buy a whole new stand with an integrated flat panel mount. Since flat panel TVs have boomed in popularity, such stands have also become rather easy to come by. Costco and Wal-mart both have them, for example.

-Max

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Or buy a monoprice LCD wallmount for $25.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
My center channel is on a shelf in the RPTV stand. Once I replace my RPTV with a FP, I plan to move the center channel to the top of the cabinet in front of the TV. If it interferes, I'll put something under the TV to raise it up. I'll be getting a new cabinet anyway (WAF) so I'll look for something accommodating.

This set up would put the center closer to the same level with the LR speakers and leave more room in the cabinet for equipment.

·
Registered
896 Posts
You could also buy a center channel speaker stand and place it in front of your existing stand.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
You could also put the Bigfoot on a low stand then put the tv on top

of the bigfoot. that center would hold a tv no problem.

·
Registered
896 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swgiust /forum/post/16913578

You could also put the Bigfoot on a low stand then put the tv on top

of the bigfoot. that center would hold a tv no problem.

Sure could, another good idea. Just make sure the stand can handle the combined weight of the speaker and the TV.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts