AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My co-worker is ready to pull the plug and buy a 42"Plasma after seeing my Two 42" Panny's in action. Problem is we can't seem to find such a good deal as I found @ Compusa back in early December. (I got them both @ $1,150 ea) He has his eye on a Toshiba for $1,399 @ BB and a Phillips @ $1,100 @ Office Depot. We did some review comparing @ work on our lunch break and it seems the Panny is better. Some people are saying wait until after the SuperBowl. Do you guys think it would be best to wait a few weeks? or maybe know of a good deal? I worried he is going to jump the gun and regret it.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Well, if he buys it from a brick and mortar store, there is typically a 30 day price match policy...so there is a little insurance there as long as he keeps his eye on prices. But...if he is looking at a panasonic, he should really check out some of our forum sponsors....he can get a great price there.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would definitely order online if he is looking for the best deal. Try a place called Pac-2000, I got a smokin' deal on my Panny there.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBull808 /forum/post/0

Yeah But he's got it in his head for some reason that he has to buy it before they install HD @ his house. I told him it should be just the opposite. He is in to much of a rush.

Can't speak for the Toshiba, but if the Philips model is the 9631 he's making a solid choice. Philips and Panasonic were my top 2 choices when I bought in September.

No price cuts appear near-term but you never know. If he likes either model, go for it. Though if he really wants Panasonic $200 either way shouldn't sway him.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Best Buy has a 60-day price guarantee right now; I just bought a 50" Maxent for $1451 ($1649 - 12% w/coupon) and am loving it. Still working on the break-in and will calibrate it after break-in is complete. I think the 42" Maxents are around $1k, which is a spectacular deal, and they look great.*

*Note/disclaimer: I'm not a fanatic nitpicker. I watch a fair amount of TV/DVD from a distance of about 12 feet. I don't obsess about the image, but I do appreciate a good image, which the Maxent delivers just fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.