AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,487 Posts
What kind of advice are you looking for?

Just off the top of my head - your right/left speakers are too far behind your TV, they look to be mounted too low and should be pointed at the MLP. The sub looks to be too small for such a large space.

However, we're gonna need more info in order to offer any real advice.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ok that's a good start, I have the two front speakers mounted on the wall. I do believe they came with extensions to make them longer, I too thought they was low but that's ear height when we are seated. Unfortunately the wall mounts I bought do not swivel so I can't toe them in. As for advice I'm looking for,
1) speaker height/heights
2) should I close off the dining room from the living room when watching movies?
3)larger front channels speakers
4)should I make make the living room as dark as I can to watch movies or should I use some ambient lighting?

·
Registered
13,487 Posts
Ok that's a good start, I have the two front speakers mounted on the wall. I do believe they came with extensions to make them longer, I too thought they was low but that's ear height when we are seated. Unfortunately the wall mounts I bought do not swivel so I can't toe them in. As for advice I'm looking for,
1) speaker height/heights
2) should I close off the dining room from the living room when watching movies?
3)larger front channels speakers
4)should I make make the living room as dark as I can to watch movies or should I use some ambient lighting?
1) If the tweeters are at ear level, you're good to go.
2) Yes, this will improve your bass response.
3) Larger is always better. ;)
4) I like to watch movies with all lights out...others prefer a bit of ambient lighting, it's personal preference really.

·
Registered
13,487 Posts
Thick curtains (no matter how thick) will not "block off" the openings in your room as far as subwoofers are concerned. Well sealed solid core doors will do it though. ;)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Ok so the curtains won't block off the opening (subwoofer improvement) but I think it will help to make the room a bit darker. And cut down reflection from the white paint on the pillars, and if it does not serve any good purpose I could alway return them lol

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes I do have surround speakers, I'm currently working on cleaning the wires a bit, the hdmi wires are not that long so I can't hide them to much. Once I get my new tv I will redo them.

·
Registered
13,487 Posts
Ok so the curtains won't block off the opening (subwoofer improvement) but I think it will help to make the room a bit darker. And cut down reflection from the white paint on the pillars, and if it does not serve any good purpose I could alway return them lol
I use black-out curtains between my LR and entryway/kitchen for just that reason (light blocking), I just wanted you to know that it won't effect the sound. :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I use black-out curtains between my LR and entryway/kitchen for just that reason (light blocking), I just wanted you to know that it won't effect the sound.

[/QUOTE].

Ok thanks for the validation on that, I'm currently put thing them up as we speak will post a pic once finished.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts