AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys There was a thread a lil while ago asking about how to make a demo dvd . One that would consist of your favorite movies and such .

Well after MUCH trial and error and countless garbage programs i finally got it done...Although this isnt 100% of what i want its as close as current programs will allow me..

My Final result is this......

A dvd with custom intro ..

A multiple menu navigation with custom backgrounds and buttons.

DD support and in theory DTS handling.

My fave clips from hollywood movies.

THX trailers

Dolby Digital trailers

THX setup option that comes with many dvds.

The problems i couldnt get around -

The program i use (spruceup) makes horrible chapter points

The menus dont have audio or animated clips.

If i use the THX clips the aspect ratio switches from 16:9 to 4:3 after certain movies. dunno why .

Other then that it works fine ...

The pics im posting are of my menus you cant see the buttons until there in the program though.....

My description of pics...

The first is the main menu... the only thing i didnt make was the electricity but i changed the color of it made the letters and the box (which lights up when selected)from scratch all with PhotoShop

From here you navigate to other menus or start the movie clips.

The red one i made the text ,the back i had.

This is where the thumbnails of the movies are.

the THX ,i made the "samples" text and moved around the thxlogo w/PS.

This is where the thumbnails of the THX trailers and tests are.

the green, I made from scratch using the THX border and PS

Dolby trailers previewed here.

The last one - the face i had , the letters i made in PS and i added the xfiles theme and made it my "warning" on my DVD.

Sooooo what do you guys think ?

· Registered
70 Posts
Awesome, well done.

I am experimenting with making DVD's at the moment. I have a nice HTPC running Showshifter. My dvd burner came with ULead SE which is very basic but seems a good place to learn.

I just converted a 1.5 hour show recorded in AVI and made a dvd out of it with a very basic intro screen.

Matt.

· Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ulead is pretty cool...Video studio i use to make the whole video file with transitions and effects...

For dvd making there DVD factory is cool and has a 30 day demo. The reason i had to go through soooo many progs is to find exactly all the features and to use AC3 audio.

Basic dvd making from TV or home movies is very simple once the video is set on your hardrive.

BTW what is showshifter ? I dont have any HTPC apps just yet.

· Registered
180 Posts
Hi,

I am interested in your technique, software tools. I also am trying to make a best of DVD...

I ripped the indivdual chapters and audio streams using DVDDecrypter.

Then I editted the parts of the chapters I wanted with a program called Chopper XP (maybe this was a mistake)

Now I want to "reauthor" the VOB's. When I try to do this I get errors, stating by VOB is corrupt in some way...I tried SpruceUp. The vob clips however run fine in powerDVD, Graphedit, etc...

What did you do to edit your vobs...and it looks like you used SpruceUp?

Pierre

· Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used spruce up..

The vobs were individual chapters i took from specific movies...I then used VOBEDIT to join the clips into a single VOB....

I then demuxed them into ac3 and m2v streams using vobedit.

I loaded 'just' the m2v streams into Spruce designed the menus around it ..After wards i compiled it into a videots folder ...I then replaced the VOB file with the Original Vob I had previously. Loaded it into IFOEDIT to fix the VTS sectors.

Spruce and other programs have tons of media detection errors.

Which error in particular are you getting ?

You may want to try V strip or Vobedit to cut down your vob files.

But your problem may be in tring to import a VOB file on its own..Many programs need you to divide the streams before you do it.

· Registered
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by KINGOFOOTBALL33
I used spruce up..

The vobs were individual chapters i took from specific movies...I then used VOBEDIT to join the clips into a single VOB....

I then demuxed them into ac3 and m2v streams using vobedit.

I loaded 'just' the m2v streams into Spruce designed the menus around it ..After wards i compiled it into a videots folder ...I then replaced the VOB file with the Original Vob I had previously. Loaded it into IFOEDIT to fix the VTS sectors.

Spruce and other programs have tons of media detection errors.

Which error in particular are you getting ?

You may want to try V strip or Vobedit to cut down your vob files.

But your problem may be in tring to import a VOB file on its own..Many programs need you to divide the streams before you do it.
I had not demuxed the streams...

I tried Sonic DVD architect, as it can burn 5.1 . It opened my vob's fine...So now I am making chapters, and will do the ultimate test....the burn and play :)

Pierre

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.