AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After constructing my "Woods Theatre" I decided to try out the Parkland Plastic for a deck screen. I bought a 4' x 8' sheet of Parkland from Menards for $13. I bought 8 firiing strips and painted them black. I used black wood screws to fasten a frame to both sides of the Parkland. I cut the length of the Parkland to 85" for a 16:9 screen. I use bungee cords to secure the screen to the rails of my deck.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Very nice, hope you don't have a lot of bugs at night :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We have had a reasonably mosquito free summer. We also use the new Off Mosquito Lamp and Lantern Power Pads - they work great!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes. I have an Epson s1+ projector that I set on a table that normally sits next to the grill. I have some nice Yamaha outdoor speakers already on the deck but they aren't positioned properly for the screen (look at the fourth picture by the kitchen door behind the plant - Wife Acceptance Factor) so I use some Yamaha computer sat/sub speakers for sound. I use a portable DVD player for the source. It was a very simple project that took about one hour.

·
Banned
618 Posts
Nice! I've thought about doing a balcony theater, but have a lower patio that's turning into the outdoor theater. If my handyman ever shows up, it'll be done this weekend!

Don

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well done, bubsdaddy!

That's a nice clean screen setup. Looks like a very comfortable place to enjoy some movies!

Couldn't help but notice your deck. I wish my cedar still looked so good/natural.

Oh, and about the deck... when you get in the mood for a new toy; ButtKickers.

:)

Great work.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I love your web site. I just finished reading the Poor Man's Screen thread. Looks like a few people are using the same tarp I purchased at Home Depot for my "Woods Theatre" seen on another thread. Mind if I post the same info about my two outdoor screens on your forum?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks. And yes, I'd be thrilled if you did. You have a really tidy setup.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Awesome, that is a cool setup. I've been intrigued by outdoor theaters lately.

Mind if I resize one of your pics and post it on my website, bubsdaddy?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.