AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was really excited to get my TV on Monday! I was too busy at work, so I had the wife stay home to meet the delivery guy. He showed up alone to deliver my 63" plasma! He man handled it getting it into the house. He then put it on the floor and was about to start sliding it down the stairs when my wife stopped and and said she would help him carry it down. He declined the offer and bouced it off every step all the way down. Instantly my wife knew something had to be broke.

She opened the box while he waited and surprise surprise the screen was cracked!

What a freaking joke! To top it off it was a black friday deal from a buydig and they have no replacement tvs and no estimated eta for any anytime soon either.

So now I have to wait longer to get a tv and likely pay a lot more as I got a killer deal on black friday.

·
Registered
674 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bofa89 /forum/post/19610946

I was really excited to get my TV on Monday! I was too busy at work, so I had the wife stay home to meet the delivery guy. He showed up alone to deliver my 63" plasma! He man handled it getting it into the house. He then put it on the floor and was about to start sliding it down the stairs when my wife stopped and and said she would help him carry it down. He declined the offer and bouced it off every step all the way down. Instantly my wife knew something had to be broke.

She opened the box while he waited and surprise surprise the screen was cracked!

What a freaking joke! To top it off it was a black friday deal from a buydig and they have no replacement tvs and no estimated eta for any anytime soon either.

So now I have to wait longer to get a tv and likely pay a lot more as I got a killer deal on black friday.

Horrible delivery service, I would make sure to tell buydig and the shipper what a low level of service you got. People like that delivery guy are the reason why so many people rather handle everything they can themselves. I hope the replacement set comes soon and is delivered the right way.

·
Registered
9,590 Posts
I would find a phone number and call the site directly, and be angry about it, tell them exactly what this guy did and that the delivery company should be responsible for what happened. And if they can't get you a replacement, demand an equal sized TV as compensation even if it is a model line higher. You paid good money for it and the delivery company broke it. Let them take it out on the delivery company after fixing your situation.

Personally anytime I see a TV that isn't delivered according to the manufacturer's guidelines (which are printed right on the freaking box) I tell them right away that I will probably be sending that TV back for shipping damages because they had it set up in their truck incorrectly. (actually had one LCD delivered and it had a frickin AC unit on top of it and a fridge below it, and it was lying down, all violations of the instructions, and guess what, it had two massive vertical dark zones on the screen, which were obviously caused by stress on the chassis of the TV. (this is a common "defect" to this day with Samsung TVs) The delivery people had the nerve to tell me they couldn't see it as well. I sent it back with them.)

Amazon has a long list from me on my file about all the damages caused by various shipping companies, and you know what, the last several TVs that I had delivered were delivered correctly and had no shipping damages (not to say I didn't have any defects (*^%$ Panasonic rising blacks) so I honestly think that they have been passing this along to the delivery companies.

My best delivery experiences have come from the guy who delivered my 54g10, he was alone (2 man job, I know) but he actually took care with the set, had it secured correctly in the van, and made sure everything was alright before he asked for any signature.

·
Registered
Display: TCL 65R617, AVR: Denon X2300W, Source: PS4 Pro, Fronts: Infinity Primus 250
3,018 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by specuvestor /forum/post/19629887

The irony is that the panels travelled thousands of miles from Asia intact

Just because it was intact doesn't mean that it hasn't been mishandled. I work in the shipping industry and trust me, the amount of abuse these sets (and pretty much ALL packages) take is mind boggling. People talk about how poor quality the construction of objects are these days, but the truth is they are quite durable. If you have seen some of the abuse these electronics take, you would be appalled. Yet the majority of them still work when they get to you.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts

Quote:

Honestly, you should be contacting the delivery company. Its not the websites fault, they just ship it from the warehouse. The delievery company was the one who broke it, and they should have insurance to cover it. Heck, since they dont have any more of that model, maybe you will get a better one.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I agree with the others here, no way you should be out of your panel because of these circumstances, Black Friday or not, you should definitely get a replacement of equal value or an upgrade, don't settle for anything less.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Normally I would have demanded exactly what you guys said, the same tv or an upgrade. BUT, the people at the website I was dealing with were very unprofessional, they were actually swearing about the delivery guys and not really paying attention to the real issue, which was getting me a new tv asap. After the tv was broke I really didnt care whos fault it was, I wanted to know who was goign to fix it!

There was no sense of urgency whatsoever to get me a replacement. And frankly, after seeing how they handled it, I really didn't want to do business with them anymore.

So I requested a refund and once my money was refunded I decided to order from Cleveland Plasma and my experience has been awesome so far. Thank you emails from them and the shipping company and the person I talked to at cleveland plasma was very nice. I'll see how the actual delivery goes this Thursday........

·
Registered
926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitlet /forum/post/19634682

Honestly, you should be contacting the delivery company. Its not the websites fault, they just ship it from the warehouse. The delievery company was the one who broke it, and they should have insurance to cover it. Heck, since they dont have any more of that model, maybe you will get a better one.

In this case the buyer didn't contract with the delivery company the seller did so it's the sellers responsibility to make it right to the buyer and if need be they need to go after the delivery company for reimbursement.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts