AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2100 from Dell back in May. I really liked, it as it was my first entry into front projection. I came into tough times and had to return it. That was at the end of May. Would you believe that they have yet to refund my $1000. It has been over 3 months. Everytime I talk to a customer service rep. they keep telling me that your refund is being processed. I am between a rock and a hard place. A thousand does not sound like a lot, but when you are three months behind in your rent it is. I have sold my Cannondale, Samsung HD-1000, PS Audio Ultimate Outlet, countless DVDs, and I am in the process of selling this computer moniter I am looking at. I keep calling Dell and keep getting the run around. I hope in posting this here they will be moved to action. They could have at least given me a loaner projector while they are refunding me my money. For the past three months I have had no projector and no $1000.

The reason they give me is that the projector was lost. They set up delivery by means of airborne express. I think they delivered it to the wrong branch at dell. Then they took it somewhere else, whatever. So I talked to the Supervisor who knows the situation and tried to be helpful by putting a refund even though they could not find the projector.

A month later I call back only to find out that the refund was rejected because there was a hold on my name. I talk to the Supervisor again, and being the helper that he is, he called to the department to get my name off hold. Great, it is finally going to go through. A month later I find out it was rejected again, but this time I can not talk to the Supervisor because they have connected me with somebody in India. The nice gentleman from India assured me that he has fixed my problem and that I should be recieving a refund in 5 to 7 business days. September 11, and still no projector or refund.

Can you say Dell Sucks? Everybody all together, DELL SUCKS!

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Do you have any kind of buyer protection on your credit card? Over 90 days, you are probably out of luck here, but you can try to post a dispute with your credit card provider. As a reference you probably ought to have done thata couple of weeks after you returned it and it did not show as credited. You don't have to resolve a dispute very quickly, necessarily, but you do have a limited time to start the dispute process. Sorry about your loss!

Later,

Bill

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
Going through the credit card company is probably a good idea. They can get the attention of the right people.

Another approach is to look up their officers on the net and then try to get through to them. Most big companies' CEO's have people hired to deal with customers who call the CEO.

The problem with companies like Dell is that they have insulated their competent staff who can make decisions and solve problems from customer contact.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
What if you decide to keep the 2100? You would have no money to pay rent
Either way I do not have money, at least I could have been watching the projector for the last three months. It is not as good as the X1, but at least it is something to watch. I miss that thing

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
It took Dell 3 months to refund my $50. I called them weekly for 3 months. Every time it's someone different in customer service. They are too big, too confusing, too uncaring, and too much red tape. It's great to buy but hell to return. Keep that in mind when you buy from Dell. Their prices are good but their service is less stellar when you try to return. Good luck, Jeff.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Huey
It took Dell 3 months to refund my $50. I called them weekly for 3 months. Every time it's someone different in customer service. They are too big, too confusing, too uncaring, and too much red tape. It's great to buy but hell to return. Keep that in mind when you buy from Dell. Their prices are good but their service is less stellar when you try to return. Good luck, Jeff.
Unfortunately, their call centers are scattered from here to Timbuktu. I've had several issues with a Dell laptop and my calls have wound up in India and the Phillipines. I originally configured the laptop to provide the capability to edit video in the field. Knowing that a 4200rpm HD wouldn't cut it, I purchased an outboard firewire 7200rpm drive. It still dropped frames. The technical people were clueless about video and were unable to refer me to anyone or group at Dell that could help me. Finally, one of our inhouse computer guys helped me solve the problem. So much for Dell tech service.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I feel sorry for your problems.

Large companies work on a different time scale than mere mortals. Sometimes their business processes don't work as well as they could.

I must say that in Dell's defense I got in on the Great Dell LT150 deal. I had a screen print of the transaction. It took a several weeks (and a number of phone calls) but eventually I got my projector at a extremely good price (probably at a loss to Dell).

They may be slow but given time (and a little pushing) they do the right thing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.