AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered on 7/23 (Order #614537XXX) with Fedex Standard Overnight. I will have it this afternoon according to Fedex tracking.

As I said in several earlier posts, I knew Dell would come through with this.

-Shawn

BTW: I ordered through Cory (not from the webpage).

[This message has been edited by turbe (edited 08-01-2001).]

·
Registered
807 Posts
Mine too. It had a 6136*** number and I ordered on July 20 over the web using the home section. It is coming regular ground and I should have it by early next week. Yippee!

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
118 Posts
Got mine too. Ordered 7/23. On Mon when the customer service rep said 8/13 I was about to whine but decided to wait and see. Did not expect it this morning. What a pleasant surprise. Yes, Dell came through.

[This message has been edited by j albert morgan (edited 08-01-2001).]

·
Registered
915 Posts
I ordered on 7/23. Confirmation number 61458xxxx. Dell's tracking system flipped from "Delayed" to "Shipped" this morning.

Whoo hoo, thought I. But then I just checked my VISA account after hearing that someone else was overcharged, and the card has not even been charged yet. What's up with that? Surely Dell wouldn't ship something without processing the VISA charge, would they? Or is the 'shipped' status just another in a long line of Dell screwups?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
What has happened with the cards (I believe) is that when you first place an order a pre-authorization or hold is place on the card. CC companies usually have a certain amount of time (3-5 days) they allow these to stay. Obviously most of us have been waiting longer than 5 days so the charge has most likely "dropped" off. Once dell ships the item they are suppost to turn that confirmation into a final charge but with all the delays things are a little out-of-wack.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Ordered mine on 7/19 overnight and am still waiting.....still delayed on webpage, and no one knows whats going on at Dell =(.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
I ordered on the 19th at 2:30pm and was soon given a delivery date of the 26th. Sounded great!

Then something went wrong...

Now I have an order date of the 27th and the highest order number of all I have seen posted here.

As a another poster stated, by the time they get to my order it may be a 150z.

I've only spoken directly to Dell once, and the rep was very forthcoming with information. He assured that Dell is going to honour the original price, and they expect the unit to ship in 2 weeks at most, but its in Nec's hands.

Most units are going out ahead of time. That's fine with me

I ordered via Borderfree from Canada, and I must say they are a top notch service company. They spent a great deal of time trying to resolve the issue with Dell and kept me informed.

I found out it's their policy that once they quote you on a web order and you accept, that's the final price. They assured me that I would get the projector at the original price even if Dell charged them more.

My order dropped on the floor at some point, and given the volume some were going too, but both Dell and Borderfree I feel have done all that could be expected to resolve it.

[This message has been edited by JackLT (edited 08-01-2001).]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.