Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently got a Denon 2900 DVD player as a packaged deal and soon I will be getting a Sharp 12k projector. In order to fully utilize the resolution of the projector, I can:

1. Keep the 2900 and get some kind of scaler/processor (please suggest products) to upconvert the signal to 720p or 1080i.

2. Sell the 2900 and get a 5900 instead (DVI output & upconvertion).

What is my best option? Please help!

Also, question for 5900 owners, does the 5900 has i-link (not the denon link) that can connect with other receivers for multi-channel music? thanks!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
You also get a vastly improved (imo) audio section in the 5900 in addition to the video upgrade. If audio is at all important to you, the 5900 sounds like a no-brainer.

John

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Also be aware that the 5900 is only capable of 480p, 720p and 1080i on the DVI output. If you need a custom resolution to pixel map to your projector, you might want to look at something like the Bravo D1. That said the 5900's video output is a big improvement over the 2900 in my opinion, and I totally agree with John about the audio side.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I have actually tried the Denon 5900 on a Sharp 10K on pg 3 of this thread and compared the component to the DVI. Go DVI - you will get less picture noise. You could also get a Bravo D1 to hack with - a $200 DVI experiment.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply.

How about the 2900 with a Sharp 9K? will that be a good match from a cost effective point of view?

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jmsun
Thanks for the reply.

How about the 2900 with a Sharp 9K? will that be a good match from a cost effective point of view?
Niether the Sharp 9K or the Denon 2900 have DVI inputs and outputs. You will also be using N-2 technology on the 9K. But with that said, I did sell one of my Panasonic XP-30's to an owner (EricE) of the Sharp 9K and he says he is really happy with PQ. I'm sure for yourself you will be happy with the results also. I would only go for the 2900 / 9K package if I could get it real cheap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.