AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Direct HD DVR connected to my Denon 4806 using the HMDI.

It puts out the video signal fine but does not output any audio. According to the direct manual it is supposed to do so. Any ideas

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffer2usa
I have a Direct HD DVR connected to my Denon 4806 using the HMDI.

It puts out the video signal fine but does not output any audio. According to the direct manual it is supposed to do so. Any ideas
I believe your Directv HD DVR is at fault here. It does not output audio via it's HDMI output..... don't ask me why :confused:

dc

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Did you assign the HDMI output to "AMP" on the selected source (satellite) in your set-up menu? (page 96). This is why you are not getting any audio from your HD DVR.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Damn, I think I have more money than brain power... I got a Denon 4806 sitting on the floor of my office, my SVS PCUltra sub is in my office bathroom, my swan speakers are sitting in my admin room... my home will be ready to move into come end of next month, or early october...

The more I read about calibrating the SVS sub, setting the AVR-4806 up correct levels of each speaker for a 7.1 set up... man I think I'm getting over my head. I can hook all this stuff up okay, but am concerned about hooking it all up...

Any of you guys live near Blue Ridge, Georgia? GA/TN line middle of state? C'mon up, hook up my stuff and I'll buy you a steak a dinner and all the beer you can drink :p

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
You may want to ask these questions in the Denon 4806 thread for more replies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.