AVS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,
Thought I would share my solution for storing my discs. I wanted something compact and this is the idea I came up with. I went out and found some of the dc-300 storage carousels(bought 5 of them all having the door not opening issue which I fixed), found a touchscreen pc on craigslist, brought home an rv storage door(my wifes face was priceless when I came home with that one), and movie collector software. Proceeded to cut a hole through the wall, built a stand behind it for the carousels to stack on and then did some trip work to give it a finished look when the door is opened complete with a storage pocket at the bottom to hold wireless keyboard and mouse just in case I ever were to need them. The video below is from when I first finished it and I now have over 200 loaded in with many more to go as time allows. what do you all think?

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Software sucks though. I mean, having to tap and hold then select eject and then the disc? It should just let you eject it right there without the tap and hold.

You should browse the movie, then the eject/insert buttons should show up right there on the movie info screen.

·
Registered
7,811 Posts
This blows away file based systems, you have the disc and none of the time sink of ripping media. I like it. :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So how did you get the software to control the actual unit
not sure I am allowed to post a link so just do a google search for Movie Collector. That is the software for the pc. They also have an app for iphone or android called clz mobile which I have also. Its really nice also, it syncs with movie collector and you can use your camera to scan the barcode of the disc case and itwill automatically find the metadata and image. you then just sync it to the pc and then go to the image and hit edit which is where you can then pick which slot to have the disc assigned to among other things.

as for the software controlling the unit, it is built into movie collector to work with the dc-300. wasnt hard at all

1 - 14 of 14 Posts