AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HDNet is on 119, yes. As far as the Dish Twin lnb, both ouputs are capable of outputting both 110 and 119 based on commands they get from a Dish receiver when changing channels. I believe the only thing that the references to 110 and 119 mean on the housing is that those markings refer to the default satellite that each port uses until told to switch. So you could run the one marked 119 directly to a DirecTv HD receiver with no problem and the other to your Dish receiver and still have 110/119 capability with Dish.

I'm doing a variation of that myself right now. I havent got around to running a dedicated lead from the unused port on my Twin to the DirecTv receiver yet so I just have an A/B switch on the line coming from the one. When I want to switch to HDNet I just first tune the Dish receiver to a channel on 119, then flip the A/B switch, and then that feeds the Dtv receiver 119 to be able to see HDNet.

------------------

Dan

·
Registered
306 Posts
Ah - that's what I will try then Dan. Hopefully it will work - but it is good to hear tht you actually have both using the A/B switch.

I'll let you know if the one side to Direct and One to Dish works out for me..

Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Ok - here is what I have now:

A single Dish 300 with one single output lnbf pointing at 61.5 for Dish HD cable to one receiver.

Today I plan to setup a Dish 500 which has one twin lbnf (one output on each side) This is one side for 119 and one for 110. What I would like to do is use one side for Dish standard programming and the other for Direct TV HDTV (Really only for hdnet). My questions are:

1) DirectTV/HDNET is on 119, right?

2) What Dish programming will I lose by not having Dish 119?

3) AM I better off just buying another dish for hdnet?

My goal is to give up cable and add HDNET - I have been paying for a comprehensive Dish package for a while and am just now getting around to putting up the 500 - hdnet just complicates things...

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
DirectV HD is on 119.

Dish Network main programming is on 119.

Buy another dish for 119 DirectV.

------------------

Meredith (KPHO) SUCKs! Phoenix CBS station with no HD just SD.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.