AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the Dival thread is closed as I write this, I want to express my thanks to everyone!

I recently became a convert to the Diva commune, ordering my darlings in April and getting my "full" 6.1 set up in May. Had a few problems where I wasn't notified by e-mail that the shipment was sent. Mark was kind enough to note on one of my few posts that if I needed help to drop him a line, which I did. Bingo! Come to find out they had sent the notification, but mis-typo'd my e-mail address. In addition, living in Idaho, I was unsure of the shipping since the freight company's web site, which is a little difficult to maneuver through, was showing a number that mirrored my phone number, but off one digit. Once again I responded to both Mark and his staff, and a second bingo! They were on it, tracking my shipment down and letting me know the confirmed date of arrival. They called the freight company who then confirmed with me the time of delivery.

Kudos to your staff, Mark! Everytime I wrote an e-mail trying to make a decision, Russell was right there responding quickly! Sorry to see him leave. On top of that, your support staff was courteous, helpful and quick to respond, and I really, really appreciate that!

As far as my home theatre goes, well I think it's better than great.....it is absolutely mind bending. My family thinks I am nuts for spending this kind of money! Oh, well, how do you write "live and let live" in French?

After consulting with Russell due to my room set up, I opted for the 6.1s, 4.1s, and C-3, and I like it this way! My room resonates with absolute pure sound that stimulates the hair on the back of my neck. Listening to the Titanic soundtrack is magnificent! Watching the dvd is even more magnificent !

My setup is powered by a new Yamaha RX-V3200, which I love. Now, I am not a true experienced audiophile by any means. I listened to Klipsch powered by Yamaha, Denon and Onkyo. I listend to Jamo powered by Onkyo. I listened to Polk, NHT and on and on. But I am most impressed with my Yamaha and Diva combination! The sound is pure, clean and so dimensional!

Now the next move is a sub. Sorry folks, one move at a time with the WAF factor! But I do have a question here? How many of you have received the HSU - VTF 3? I have read Barry's report on every forum on the internet, I believe, but am curious. Who else currently has this model? Since my room is 18x22, I have considered the HSU - VTF 2, possibly even 2 of these, but Barry's review has me leaning to a single 3 which may be better?

I keep thinking I will wait for the NEW DIVA SUB!!!! But, right now, the current set up is putting out some good bass and as I understand it, they will only get better!

Enough rambling. But I do want to say one more thing. Many of you who post here and elsewhere were, no pun intended, very instrumental in my purchase of speakers. I studied and read your threads for the last year before making a decision. I want to tell all of you, pro and con, your knowledge, experience, wonderful dialogue, and civil dispositions, (in most forums) helped me immensely! Thank you! And I want to thank the administrators and web site owners for allowing the input from the manufacturers, specifically AV123. Your candid responses are backed up by your actions!

Job well done ......... everyone!

·
Banned
806 Posts
Congratulations on the new system.

Yamaha makes great receivers. Clear, natural sound in my experience. Also, their reliability is top-notch. You made a good choice there I think.

As for 2 VTF-2's vs. 1 VTF-3, IMHO you would be better off going with a single VTF-3. The VTF-3 is a newer design, seems to look nicer, extends significantly lower, and you would probably only need one VTF-3 vs. dual VTF-2's. Remember that adding a second subwoofer and stacking it should not change your frequency response.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Nice post nicola. The forum has helped me out greatly as well. As for the Diva thread being closed, I can only believe it was a mistake and Alan meant to close the ACI vs Diva thread.

·
Banned
806 Posts
"If you want to approach reference levels then get two HSU VTF-2s because they'll be louder together than a single VTF-3."

We have not seen any objective data on the VTF-3. From what I have heard, it seems that most people will only need 1 VTF-3 to fill their room (even if they have a large room). Also, adding a second VTF-2 will not change the frequency response of the system.

You might want to contact Dr. Hsu and ask him about this, but if you are considering between 2 VTF-2's and 1 VTF-3, I think the decision should be pretty simple for the reasons I outlined above: 1 VTF-3

·
Banned
806 Posts
"If it's output volume you want the VTF-2 times 2 is gonna beat a single VTF-3 (that's my opinion--but I'd be willing to bet $1000 on it)"

Based on what? :)

Even if the difference is one or two decibels, would we notice it with the vast majority of our program material? Probably not. But we will certainly notice the large increase in extension.

I have heard that a single VTF-3 in max output mode will match an HGS-18 above 30Hz.

·
Banned
806 Posts
There is no published objective data on how the VTF-3 compares to a VTF-2. The VTF-3 should extend noticeably lower than a VTF-2.

What I have heard about, I have heard through the grapevine ;)

·
Registered
214 Posts
What's your setup (exact components) and where did you get them? Please tell me... I'm getting ready to purchase but can't find good places to buy from :(.

·
Registered
488 Posts
congrats on the new diva purchase!

you may have nieghbors that like you now, but that will all change soon!

;)

-b

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's what I have:

1) Yamaha rx-v3200 receiver - ubid purchase with 2 year extended warranty for much less than internet shopping certified dealers, and it is a US model. Really pleased with it, and how it handles the Divas.

2) Divas - 6.1s, 4.1s, and C-3

3) Sony KP-53hs10 - HDTV ready - Sears price match from internet -(great deal)

4) Panasonic RP-56 DVD progressive - Sears price match

5) Direct TV with dolby digital

6) Subwoofer - soon to be HSU VTF-3

My family watched the movie "THE OTHERS" last night and just looked at me in amazement! I don't know if the look from my wife, though, was that of the same, or of disgust, knowing she could have spent that money on furniture, etc. LOL!

Hope that helps! Be patient, know what you want, shop around and you can save some bucks!

·
Registered
214 Posts
If I buy a diva 6.1 for $1299, will it be SIX speakers or one speaker? I hope it's a full set at that price. It is, I think? Thanks for the helpful post!

·
Registered
122 Posts
The 6.1 is a designation/name of a type of Diva speaker.

Go to www.********** for more info. A pair of Diva 6.1 are 1299.00 (thats 2 speakers)

Regards.

·
Registered
488 Posts
yes, the naming of the divas threw my friend off too.

i had to explain to him that it was just the model names.

also, i would be scared to buy a complete ht package for $1299.

:)

they are very, very, worth it. really.

you can almost jump the grand canyon with the diva 6.1's!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Intersting... I've never thought of it that way, and now I'm wondering why?! Maybe it's cause I saw a picture of it soon after reading about it.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by zooplancton
I never know where you are in your head b :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by zooplancton
yes, the naming of the divas threw my friend off too.

i had to explain to him that it was just the model names.

also, i would be scared to buy a complete ht package for $1299.

:)

they are very, very, worth it. really.

How much do you make per year? $5,000,000? Because for those of us that make $70-100k, $1300 is a LOT of money.

Is there much of a difference between 4.1, 5.1, and 6.1's?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.