AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an old desktop projector that was used for power point that I figured, what the heck...might as well use it.

So I made a makeshift mount for it to get it up on the ceiling and as you can see my DIY screen is in progress. The screen is basically foam core poster board from office max.

It is not HD but it works for the xbox and "big" screen movie watching. I dont have it set up yet, but the sound is Rotel Integrated amp and Paradigm Mini-monitors. Source is a Sony DVDRW/VCR combo and my PC.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The biggest problem I have in this basement is that there is 1 electrical outlet for the entire space...where my desktop is.

Since this is a rental house, I can't really do much but I would love to have another outlet or circuit installed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey,with a projector mount, you can store your video projector up on the ceiling and out of the way so it doesn't take up space elsewhere. While there are many types of commercial projector mounts available, they can be expensive. You can avoid this by building and installing your own projector mount for your home. You need to make sure the mount itself is sturdy enough to support your projector and find a spot on the ceiling that it can be safely attached to.

Regards!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok...

So I spent the afternoon assembling my screen.

Materials used:

7 1x3x8

6 4" T-brackets

4 4" L-brackets

4 4" Straight brackets

4 #6 Screw eye

4 #8 Screw Hooks

1 pack of 24 velcro squares

Final Dimensions 90" wide x 80" high

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So after all that and getting all the cables routed and hooked up..........

my projector bulb went out right as I finished and was going to take some final pictures!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts