AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I was watching my Panasonic PT-52DL10 52" RPTV and suddenly there was a loud SNAP and the picture went dark.

I pulled out the bulb this morning and it had exploded within its casing, really a bummer.

I bought the TV just a couple of months ago so it has no where near the 5000 hours that it is rated for so I called Panasonic this morning.

They are scheduling warranty service on it in a few days so there will be no charge but just for future information I asked how much the new bulbs will cost. I was thinking he would say around 200 dollars but they cost a freekin 900 dollars a piece. Sounds like a DILA bulb!! I know it is an expensive TV but I think that this is rediculous (especially if the bulbs don't last the rated 5000 hrs)

Phil

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OOPS http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/redface.gif

I just checked Panasonic's web site and the lamp is listed at $471.26 retail so thankfully the tech did not know what he was talking about.

This is still an expensive bulb, but who pays retail anyway? I have checked the various online projector dealers and have not found the lamp anywhere. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can search for a reasonable source for these lamps?

Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.