AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DTC-100 just died after only fourteen months of service. I get the menus but cannot receive any channels. I knew I should have renewed that service contract. How do I obtain service? Is there a phone number for RCA to call?

------------------

STOP DFAST NOW!!!

·
Premium Member
12,972 Posts
Check to see if the software download killed your DTC-100 like it did mine last November. You may have a case for DirecTV replacing it free. Everytime they do these software upgrades they fry a few receivers in the process. There was a software upgrade scheduled for this morning, I understand.

------------------

Don Landis

Home Theater Pics at: www.scubatech.com Last updated 3/25/01

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OTA for now. Getting DirecTV soon. Looks like my DTC-100 is ok I think. I can't get three out of four digital channels in the Cleveland area. FOX 31-1 comes in strong. No signal strength for the other three. Is it possible for three other network digital transmissions to be down at the same time on Sunday morning? Already tried powering off the DTC-100 for a while and then doing a full channel search.

------------------

STOP DFAST NOW!!!

·
Premium Member
12,972 Posts
The RCA tech told me that the DTC-100 is capable of maintaining memory for upto 2 days without power (unplugged) They recommend unplugging for 4 days and then checking again. If still dead, then it is time to deep six or return to them for repair. Sounds to me like you have something basic screwed up. You may be justified in simply calling DirecTV to have your card reprogrammed. There have been posts on the forum where people have claimed that their security signals have been known to fry your card. It's called pot luck or collateral damage.

------------------

Don Landis

Home Theater Pics at: www.scubatech.com Last updated 3/25/01

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.